1099 Transaction Coordinator - NJ
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is a real estate startup that pioneered the concept of brokerage-as-a-service to help top real estate professionals create and run their own companies without having to operate a brokerage. Our proprietary platform makes the real estate transaction process far more efficient for both agents and home buyers/sellers.
Before Side, exceptional real estate agents had two choices: You could join an antiquated traditional brokerage, relinquish control of your business, and pay hefty fees for marginal value. Or you could start your own independent brokerage, massively increase your liability, and take on the burden of running your own back office. We created a third option: Own your own business and run it on the Side platform. Agents get to focus on what they do best — selling real estate — while Side operates in the background to facilitate their transactions, and help them grow.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $300 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms, including Coatue, Tiger, D1, Sapphire, Trinity, and Matrix.. Headquartered in San Francisco, Side currently operates in 16 states, with plans to expand nationwide in the coming years. We were named Company of the Year by Inman News (the leading industry publication) and a Most Innovative Company of 2022 by Fast Company.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
Purpose and Scope
All Limited TC’s working with Side Agents are expected to provide outstanding service to their agents which includes monitoring correspondence and responding (when necessary) outside traditional business hours. Side’s platform allows the Limited TC’s and our service team to provide additional services, not traditionally offered to the Agents - thus facilitating an outstanding experience.
All TCs servicing Side agents are “Side Certified”. This means that they are all trained on all of the technology platforms used at Side as well as held to a high standard level of service.
- Review listing Agreement for accuracy and completeness. Upload all listing documents to Skyslope for review
- Open pre-sale escrow with agents preferred escrow officer and order the prelim report (review report when received for accuracy of vesting)
- Coordinate with Title, seller and/or Association to order HOA docs (if applicable)
- Send introduction email to the seller
- Prepare and send all required disclosures to seller
- Provide agent with a link to the disclosure packet once complete
- Create an RLS partial save (if requested)
- Input “coming soon” and “off-market” listings on to Side’s Listing Dashboard
- Prepare and send out any Addendums, Contingency Removals, Extensions, Counters etc. to clients for signature -- only when requested by the agent (will only send to client upon agent approval of the form)
When Under Contract
- Send out timeline and team players email within 24 business hours cc’ing all parties involved in the transaction with key dates and team players and add all key dates to agents google calendar
- Order home warranty (if applicable)
- Provide upfront terms to escrow
- Follow up on deposit and forward to our client
- Prepare and send out all disclosures to client for signature
- Gather all required documents from clients for application packet to deliver to the board
- Follow up and send reminders to agents for when Deadlines are due (Inspection, Loan and Appraisal)
- Prepare and send out any Addendums, Deadline Removals, Extensions, Counters etc. to clients for signature -- only when requested by the agent (will only send to client upon agent approval of the form)
- Regular follow up and file audits on documents missing signatures
- Upon removal of all contingencies will provide final terms to escrow and advise of any changes, anticipation of docs and closing
- Request broker demand to be sent to escrow
- Coordinate with loan officer and escrow for funding and recording status
- Upload all documents to Skyslope for review
- Side also provides the below additional services free of charge through our Agent Services Department
- Ordered through the app under listing services (including coordination and scheduling)
- For sale sign installation
- Home Inspection
- Pest Inspection
- Roof Inspection
What would make you a strong fit for the role?
- 3+ years as a Transaction Coordinator
- Hands on Transaction Coordinator experience in NY required
- 2+ years in a remote setting
- Ability to multi-task
- 2+ years in Real Estate industry
- Real Estate License preferred
- Experience in creating Board Packages and managing the process from beginning to end
- Strong knowledge and experience with Co-Op transactions
- Experience with Perchwell preferred
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.