Senior User Researcher
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is a real estate startup that pioneered the concept of brokerage-as-a-service to help top real estate professionals create and run their own companies without having to operate a brokerage. Our proprietary platform makes the real estate transaction process far more efficient for both agents and home buyers/sellers.
Before Side, exceptional real estate agents had two choices: You could join an antiquated traditional brokerage, relinquish control of your business, and pay hefty fees for marginal value. Or you could start your own independent brokerage, massively increase your liability, and take on the burden of running your own back office. We created a third option: Own your own business and run it on the Side platform. Agents get to focus on what they do best — selling real estate — while Side operates in the background to facilitate their transactions, and help them grow.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $300 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms, including Coatue, Tiger, D1, Sapphire, Trinity, and Matrix.. Headquartered in San Francisco, Side currently operates in 16 states, with plans to expand nationwide in the coming years. We were named Company of the Year by Inman News (the leading industry publication) and a Most Innovative Company of 2022 by Fast Company.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Team is responsible for our three product areas: Transaction Management Platform, Internal Business Systems, and Growth. Being a young team, you will have the opportunity for immediate, meaningful impact and help shape the way we build products together. We are in a unique position of having easy access to our customers for regular input and feedback loops, which is key to us building great products. We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to the product development process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior User Researcher will be a member of the Product Design & User Research team and will work closely with our Product Managers, Product Designers, Data Analysts, and Customer Support teams. You will play an integral part in gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of agents who use our products to inspire and inform our long term product vision and design solutions.
Being a young company, there’s an opportunity for immediate, meaningful impact and to help shape the way we build products together. We’re at a formative stage in the company’s next-level vision and we’re looking for a team member to help contribute to the foundational materials and lead research efforts on our product teams and across our product vision effort.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead and manage end-to-end UX research projects, including planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Reference the broad range of research methods in your toolbox; be able to quickly assess which method, mix of methods, or new approach is required to answer the team’s critical questions, based on timeline, priorities, and resourcing
- Explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis
- Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives, recruit, schedule, and process findings to extract valuable insights
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Own and maintain the documentation of research key findings, information repository, analytics tools, and insights reports
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of key design deliverables to communicate systems activity, journey maps, or personas
- Translate user insights into actionable recommendations, present to key stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- Identify and proactively create new systems and processes as needed
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- You believe that collaboration and empowerment are keys to success. As the sole researcher on the team, you understand that by empowering your partners to be design thinking experts that you compound the gathering of signals, insights, and reach.
- You aren’t afraid to be scrappy, thinking outside the box on how you can gather data to inform outcomes quickly and efficiently.
- Startup experience – Understanding that things can change quickly, you can adapt to change and are flexible pivoting when necessary.
- Able to take abstract goals, refine into a clear framework, and work with minimal direction.
- 4+ years proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research studies on products
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Highly proficient with research tools (User Testing, Data Analytics, Information Repositories)
- Experience embedded on scrum teams, shipping products in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- A strong track record of building respect for User Research and impacting product decisions with high quality data and insights
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.