Content Marketing Manager
At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns great ideas into great companies. For far too long, modern merchants working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We're here to change that. Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives with expertise in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we're on a mission to vitalize the American entrepreneurial spirit.
What We’re Looking For
Ready to kick the dull out of content and work with an exciting brand with endless content opportunities? Join us as our Content Marketing Manager, where we're on the lookout for a writer with a creative soul and a strategic mind. If you're passionate about making content stand out, and transforming our brand into a storytelling machine, this role is for you.
How do you know if you’re the right candidate? To start, you love to write. Storytelling and a passion to reach readers and engage them in as many different forms as possible is the reason you love to come to work. You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and want to elevate strategy and speed of execution.
You combine both a strong ownership mentality with the ability to be a great teammate and internal collaborator. You also have a passion for ecommerce operations, and are looking for an opportunity to truly be a part of solving problems for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Please note – for maximum success, it is required that you live in a current Saltbox city: Atlanta, Washington DC, Dallas, Denver, Miami, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Phoenix, or Seattle
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create content that is smart as it is engaging, speaking to the right personas, aligning with our brand voice and business goals across channels like web, social, email, video scripts and sales.
- Be the teammate who overflows with great new content ideas and brings them to life to keep our approach fresh and innovative.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand all aspects of our business and transform mundane content into compelling copy that aligns to our brand pillars and company mission.
- Keep our content coordinated with a simple and clear content calendar that gives us visibility across blogs, social, emails, smoke signals, and any other way we try to catch our members’ attention and connect with them.
- Utilize artificial intelligence tools strategically to enhance project outcomes, advocating for the selection of appropriate tools based on project requirements and timelines.
- Work to develop the Saltbox Social Media accounts into “must share” and “must follow” feeds.
- Build the Saltbox social voice into one that “reads the room” and fits in across all social media channels. Don’t just post for the sake of it. Understand and optimize our content based on the analytics available to you.
- Stay on top of industry trends, news, and cultural moments that Saltbox can participate in or comment on.
- Support our PR efforts utilizing content to maximize the effectiveness of earned media. In other words, help make people say, “gosh, I see Saltbox everywhere these days!”
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Solid collaboration and communication skills
- The ability to be both creative and organized in the way you work
- Strong copywriting and storytelling skills
- A portfolio showcasing content writing ability
- Experience with and knowledge of X, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn and how they’re different from one another
- Mastery of managing various project and hitting deadlines
- Aptitude to effectively utilize AI-powered platforms and excel in generating engaging content by expertly navigating and leveraging prompt-based systems, pivotal for optimizing content marketing efforts
- This role is remote (must be authorized to work and residing in United States) with some travel required (up to 20% travel annually)
It would be amazing if you have:
- … previous social media management experience
- … experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- … an appetite for learning about the newest editing and creative apps
- … a solid understanding of TikTok and Reels
- … a good design sense
- … a personal interest in newsletters and other online non-social media content strategies
- … experience within the logistics and/or ecommerce industries
What We Offer: We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Health benefits for individual:
- Dental and vision are covered 100%
- Medical is covered 100% for two different plans (UHC) or a tiny premium for PPO
- 401K Plan Options
- Company paid long and short term disability and life insurance
- Vacation time, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development
Are you ready to join a dynamic and fast-paced start-up? Saltbox is excited to offer a full-time position with a base salary range of $85,000-$100,000 plus equity. We understand that each individual brings unique skills and experiences to the table, which is why our salary ranges are tailored to the role, level, and location of the job.
What is it like to work at Saltbox?
For those of us at Saltbox, our values represent a shared and deeply held belief that inspires our behaviors towards one another, our partners, and our Members:
- We operate with high integrity
- We exhibit high self awareness
- We work with an ownership mentality
- We lead with vulnerability
- We act with empathy and kindness
- We are always open and transparent
Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Check out what human-centric logistics means to our members.