Lead Platforms Engineer
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Real is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We Are Real.
Real is a venture-backed mental health care company based in New York City. We’re a team of innovators, clinicians, and technologists on a mission to make caring for our mental health a priority. We're redesigning mental healthcare through a digital platform and in-person experience, integrating empathy, design, and progressive care to build the most elevated end-to-end mental healthcare experience, while also improving the quality of care itself. We’re not simply “normalizing” mental health care, we’re celebrating it.
We’re looking for a Lead Platforms Engineer who is passionate about mental wellness.
The Lead Platforms Engineer will contribute to the growth of a first-of-its kind mental healthcare product. Ideal candidates are skilled in building cloud-based infrastructure and thrive in the evolving world of DevSecOps and data engineering. They’ll be the sole contributor to Real’s platform engineering team and look forward to championing software best practices across our whole PDE (product, design, and engineering) team. This role will need to be self managed and comfortable with owning all our engineering projects, vendor relationships and being a champion for the engineering team across the company.
This is a full-time remote position and will report to the Director of Product.
A day in the life:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and manage cloud-based infrastructure on AWS using Terraform, ensuring high availability, scalability, and security.
- Take ownership of the CI/CD pipeline, leveraging tools like GitHub Actions and CircleCI to automate build, test, and deployment processes, and continuously improve the pipeline's efficiency.
- Lead efforts in monitoring and observability by setting up monitoring tools and dashboards using Datadog, identifying performance bottlenecks, and proactively addressing issues.
- Develop and maintain automated deployment strategies, ensuring consistency across development, staging, and production environments.
- Help manage security and guide the organization through compliance efforts including but not limited to SOC2, HIPAA and GDPR.
- Work closely with development teams to improve developer experience, provide guidance on best practices, and drive the adoption of containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Manage and enhance data pipelines using Fivetran and Rudderstack, ensuring the efficient extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from various sources.
- Design, implement, and optimize data processing pipelines, integrating them seamlessly into our architecture.
- Own the development and maintenance of a Python recommendation engine service, applying your expertise in software engineering to enhance its functionality and performance.
- Manage the engineering team and help the growth of the individuals on this team.
- Regular meetings with the cross functional team and own the communication of roadmap items while advising on B2B deals and security.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, and identify opportunities for improvement in our technology stack and processes.
- Proven experience in DevOps/platform engineering practices, cloud infrastructure management, and automation using AWS and Terraform.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles and hands-on experience with tools like GitHub Actions and CircleCI.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience in data engineering, particularly in managing data pipelines and the ETL process.
- Proficiency in Python programming, with the ability to contribute to the development of a recommendation engine service.
- Familiarity with monitoring and observability tools like Datadog.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A passion for staying updated with the latest technologies and a willingness to learn new skills.
It’s a plus if you’ve also got:
- Have experience working in the health & wellness space
- AWS certifications and experience with Fivetran, Rudderstack, and related data engineering technologies
- Have familiarity with components of our full tech stack (we deeply value T-shaped engineers that bring a depth of expertise and a breadth of competency throughout the stack): AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Node.js/NestJS, TypeScript, React, React Native (iOS and Android apps) along with some third-party integrations like Auth0, Braze, ReTool, RevenueCat, Stripe, etc.
- Experience contributing to platforms/applications that are SOC 2 or HIPAA compliant
The base salary for this role is between $160,000-$190,000 depending on skill set and experience level. Our compensation program is geographically-neutral, meaning that we do not adjust our pay ranges based on where you live, so this salary range applies to all candidates.
Passionate about mental wellness
- You’re excited to improve mental healthcare and expand the number of people who have access to it.
- You know the wellness market.
- You care about the well-being of others.
Excited to build something from the ground up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy start-up environment.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a self-starter; you don’t need instructions to get work done.
- You pull insights from data, ensuring new ideas come from member experience and utilization.
- You seek data and know how to collect more of it when needed.
- You are excited to receive feedback and grow.
A team player
- You know it takes a village.
We’re committed to your health and happiness
When deciding what benefits should look like at Real, we started by thinking long and hard about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of not just a mentally well company, but a mentally well society. At Real, we want to offer our employees more than just "permission" to occasionally take a vacation or comp a therapy session. We want to give them the support and autonomy they need to feel well and maintain full lives outside of work.
- Competitive salary, plus equity in an early-stage startup. Emphasis on “plus”—we won’t use equity to low-ball you.
Healthcare for Full-Time Employees:
- 100% company-funded health, vision, and dental insurance for our employees. That means no monthly premiums coming out of your paycheck.
- FSA plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Free Real membership
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
Retirement for Full-Time Employees
- 401(k) — we don’t match yet, but you’ll thank us for the compound interest later.
- Unlimited PTO…that we actually encourage you to take, we promise.
- Four-week paid sabbatical after five continuous years of work at Real.
- Three floating holidays in addition to company-wide federal holidays so you can celebrate what’s important to you.
- Real employees receive two weeks of paid time off in the event of losing a loved one. We know grief doesn’t have an end date, and we also know that “unlimited PTO” isn’t enough for most people to actually take ample time away from work. We want to support the process of grieving by naming this, and offering employees the opportunity to grieve without thinking of work.
- Competitive paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy.
- Flexible working environment — if you want to exercise at three PM, go for it.
- Remote-inclusive team — whether you work from Colorado or NYC, you’re 100% part of the team.
- Autonomous work culture. We don’t have to see a green dot on Slack to trust that you’re doing your job.
Growth at Work
- We invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Real not to discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
For your safety, we want you to be aware that unauthorized individuals claiming to be Real employees are extending false employment offers to steal money and personal information from job seekers. They are using legitimate websites and social media platforms and may use an unauthorized Real logo and employee name. Do not engage if you believe communication is fraudulent.
Real employees communicate using email addresses that end with @join-real.com.
Real will never request money or credit card information or ask for personal details like address, social security number, bank information, or tax documents early in the interview process.
If you suspect you’ve encountered an instance of recruitment fraud:
- Report the email address as “Phishing” through your email provider. This will help get the email account shut down.
- If you believe you have been a victim of online recruitment fraud, contact the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov