Guest Liaison (Pop Up)
Washington, DC, USA · Wisconsin, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The impact you'll have
At Placemakr, we are obsessed with service and believe in providing exceptional experiences to our valued guests, residents, and partners. As our Guest Liaison at our pop-up property, your job is to create and own an exceptional experience for each of our Placemakr guests during their arrival to our building in order to help answer questions in person, assist with navigating through the building and ensuring they arrive to their room (or our office!) with ease. Simply put, your job as the first point of contact for our guests is to deliver exceptional service and delight everyone that stays with us.
This is a full-time position requiring ability to work including weekends and holidays. The exact scheduled days of the week will be rotational.
This position is located on-site at our Washington, DC location. The hourly rate for this position is $21.00.
Your typical day
- Embody a customer-focused mentality by actively assisting guests with building entry, providing a warm and welcoming greeting and building relationships through answering questions and proactively providing support.
- Develop a strong and consistent working relationship with your teammates by clearly communicating guest questions, issues, and arrivals on property.
- Provide standout service as the first point of Placemakr contact for our guests to help your team achieve and maintain Placemakr standards for excellence, including NPS scores, brand standards, consistently positive customer reviews, etc.
- Become an expert on your hotel and the surrounding neighborhood so that you can provide recommendations + concierge level services to our guests and help solve on-site problems with creative solutions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What it takes
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have 1+ years previous experience in an in-person customer-service setting such as hospitality, property management, retail, or food & beverage.
- You are a people person and obsessed with customer service. Your personality is infectious, leaving a positive lasting impression on everyone you come in contact with at your property.
- You are a stellar communicator who can effectively communicate with guests of all walks of life.
- You’re an excellent and efficient multitasker who can own your role and work independently to support team goals.
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park
- You’re the kind of person that everyone is excited to be around because they feel like you’re a true team player.
- You embody the Property Team Mission of Customer, Consistency and Community (Norms).
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Guest Liaisons will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Guest Liaisons and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Flexible scheduling (including 3- and 4-day full-time work weeks, location- and position-dependent) to support work-life balance for all
Transparent position development which provides you with the ability to increase your pay by at least $2/hr in as fast as 9-months (position-dependent)
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!