San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
As Maintenance Manager, you are responsible for driving the overall execution of the engineering and maintenance excellence of your Placemakr property, including proactive and effective maintenance, and the experience of everyone onsite – employees, residents, guests, third-party partners, and building ownership/management. This position will be supported by the Regional Chief Engineer and General Manager to which this position reports to.
This position is located on-site at our San Antonio location. This is an exempt (salaried) position.
- Focused on building equipment (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical)
- Life safety and building security
- Building inspections
- Building preventative maintenance
- Turnover planning and execution
- Unit work orders
- Manage technicians and workload
- Manage vendor contacts for turns (flooring/paint/etc)
- Supply ordering in accordance with budget and need
- Exterminating services
- Unit front door Locks (Programing and troubleshooting)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proactively completing property walks of both properties ensuring readings are being taken of systems and issues.
- Working on PM schedules for above systems
- Manage the move in/out board notification
- Proactively completing vacant unit walks
- Managing storage and supply closets
- Actively participating in maintenance duties and field work
- Participate in on-call shifts as assigned, based on the needs of the business
- Monthly update on building inspections
- Supply ordering
- Outstanding projects and tasks
- Unit PM’s
- Hallway Painting
- Appliance repair tracker
- Monthly/Weekly PM sheets
- Safety walks
- CFC Universal certifcation required
- Engineering/HVAC License not needed but preferred
- You have experience with building engineering strategy and structure, as well as preventative maintenance plans, and understand how to use them to drive occupancy, minimize vacancy loss, and help build NOI.
- You have successfully cultivated, managed, and owned high-level relationships onsite and leveraged them to address competing priorities; including managing resident communications and de-escalating situations.
- You have a strong history of driving team performance and making effective decisions in order to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels and asset health and functionality.
- You can demonstrate a consistent track record of being a clear communicator, big picture and forward thinker, an effective risk manager, and having great knowledge utilization in helping to cultivate positive resident experiences, culture building, and strong controllable expense skills.
- You are a skilled and hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Maintenance Managers will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Maintenance Managers and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!