Senior Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four major metro areas (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
The Senior Sales Manager will work directly with the sales and on-property teams to bring sales efforts and initiatives to fruition from selling, process organization, client engagement and more. This role will be hybrid and work on-site at our Nashville Properties along with working in the Nashville Market.
- Develop and execute a local and National strategic plan to drive corporate, group and corporate housing business into our Nashville properties.
- Meet or exceed monthly KPIs for new bookings, continually adapting and refining your strategic approach based on real-time feedback.
- Join and participate in local organizations within key industries specific to assigned regions and verticals.
- Capture, maintain and grow repeatable, profitable top-line revenue thru a diverse portfolio of clients
- Strong ability to build relationships with high-value midweek travel clients
- Monitor trends and current events that could impact travel into your market.
- Work directly with the revenue management team to achieve RevPAR and ADR goals.
- Ability to work and collaborate with the marketing department, finance department, and onsite operations teams.
- Collaborate with sales team, revenue management, and hotel teams to maximize profitability of properties while maintain guest satisfaction
- Assist in achievement of ongoing property, market and team goals
- Responsible for occasional in-house sales, meeting room bookings, special client requests, and telemarketing duties as assigned
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary
- Provide personalized service to every client we service
- Serve as the point of contact for corporate clients, which includes being onsite for client meet and greets as needed.
- Ensure we have the right business mix that consists of Business Travel, Groups and extended-stay clients
- Prepare written correspondence, group resume, weekly reports and other reports as requested by the DoS.
- Conduct tours of properties in the designated market
- Create and maintain all contacts within the CRM system(Hubspot)
- Participate in local networking organizations, community, and industry events as assigned
- Represent Hotel professionally in community and industry events
- Manage and maintain vendor relations – group-oriented
- Work directly with DoS to develop and implement vertical centric campaigns
- Manage the city-wide event calendar
- Perform any other duties as requested by leadership to aid in better operation of the property(s) and service to the guests
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Must live in the Nashville area
- Minimum 2-5 years of Hospitality sales experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in hospitality, business administration, or finance, or commensurate work experience
- You have experience using HubSpot as a CRM tool
- You have an analytical approach to sales, operations, are process driven, and have a strong financial acumen
- You are knowledgeable about the travel and relocation industry, current market trends, and economic factors.
- You have demonstrated a consistent track record of curating experiences and working with teams that promote retention, loyalty, and revenue growth
- You have experience successfully cultivating, managing, and owning high-level relationships and leveraging them to address competing priorities
- You are a hands-on team member who supports your colleagues, takes an active role in growing and developing them, and is not only capable but wants to assist/cover when on-site help is needed
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your time and resources proactively
- You are a quick thinker, a problem solver, a skilled communicator, and a world-class motivator
- You own it. You make it better. You treat people right.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- Competitive Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
- Life Insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
Our Benefits & Perks
Competitive Pay, Generous Stock Options and Performance Bonuses
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Unlimited PTO to allow time for you to recharge
Monthly cell phone reimbursement, health & wellness stipend and a generous onboarding stipend for remote employees
Plus discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
Our Community Norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!