Part Time: Mushroom Grower
We grow mushrooms from food waste. Why? Because we don't let waste go to waste!
We are a small but mighty startup at a very early stage. We pick up food waste in Manhattan and Brooklyn and transport it to our facility in Queens. We work our magic to grow mushrooms from that waste. We box the mushrooms and then transport them to restaurants throughout NYC.
We are reliable, on-time and great communicators. We lift heavy things (up to 40lbs!) and feel more than comfortable handling food scraps. We get the job done no matter what. We maintain our work equipment with care. You too? Work with us!
Current shifts are located at our Queens warehouse.
- Compensation: $25/hour
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Shift Schedule: 9am-8pm, 7 days per week (this position fills select days)
- "Assembly line style" procedures. Lifting, bagging, cleaning, harvesting
- Able to lift 40lbs and move 32 gallon toters
- Handling and processing produce dominant food scraps
- Operating specified cultivation equipment
- Create mushroom substrate bags, prepare them for the growing environment, and harvest them
- Prepare outgoing mushroom delivery orders
- Log data throughout all stages of production
- Attending one 15-30 minute virtual meeting per week (paid)
- Comfortable handling food waste
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- NYC resident
- Fully vaccinated