Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
At Obie, we are shaking up landlord insurance, making it easily available for landlords and real estate investors both when and where they need it. With a focus on driving efficiency and innovation for our customers and within our team, we’re on the search for new talent that can take Obie to the next level.
At Obie, you’ll collaborate with a diverse team that embraces evidence-based decision making, learns from failure, accepts feedback, and is always prepared to make changes for the better. You’ll be expected to operate with flexibility and leverage your curiosity to drive innovation while collaborating with colleagues across teams and areas of expertise. Our ideal teammates are kind, passionate, committed to excellence and eager to nerd out over the best ways to make Obie even better.
Obie is looking for enthusiastic, talented software engineers (React, GraphQL, Node.js) to join us to build our product, our team, and our company. A small pivot in our journey has led to a strong product-market fit and we are moving quickly to build something incredible.
What You'll Do:
- Write high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Write automated tests for your code
- Design, develop and support software including applications, databases and APIs
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure projects meet business objectives and compliance standards
- Support testing, quality assurance and deployment of new products and features
- Write and review code specifications and participate in code reviews
- Mentor team members and promote coding standards and best practices
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with React, Node.js, Typescript, relational databases, and unit/integration testing
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with distributed team members
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field) preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
More About Obie
Founded in 2017, Obie is paving a new path in insurance for landlords and real estate investors. Obie’s goal is to fundamentally change how insurance is bought and sold by building technology and insurance products that increase ease and accessibility for the 17 million residential real estate investors and landlords in the US. Obie offers a superior insurance experience, allowing real estate investors and landlords to obtain the right coverage where it’s most convenient for them, whether that means using our digital quote tools, working with independent agents, or finding us through our integrations with industry partners.
With over 6,000 active policy holders, and over $20 billion in coverage secured, Obie has still barely scratched the surface of its growth potential. That growth is supported by $39 million secured in funding, positioning it perfectly to continue revolutionizing the industry.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Flexible time off with an encouraged minimum time away to support a healthy work-life balance
12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Great health, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Pet Insurance Reimbursement
Health and wellness benefit
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Professional development support