Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Obie is an insurance technology company, hyper-focused on driving value for the modern real estate investor and the partners they work with every day. Whether an owner, lender, agent, or property manager, Obie’s mission is to build technology and insurance products that drive efficiency and fundamentally change the way insurance is bought and sold.
As the industry leader in embedded and instant insurance products, Obie was recently honored as Business Insurance Best Places to Work and one of Inc Magazine's Fastest Growing Companies for 2022. Obie is one of a small number of companies that are both a Y-Combinator and NAR REACH accelerator alum.
To date, Obie has raised $13.7 million from leading proptech investors including Battery Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, MetaProp, Second Century Ventures, and Funders Club. The company has two offices, one in Chicago, IL and the other in Sarasota, FL, but also offers employees the option to work remotely.
Brief Summary of Role
Obie is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Specialist to join our Lifecycle Marketing Team. As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will play a critical role in the development and execution of our email marketing campaigns. This includes writing one-off email blasts and monthly newsletters, creating campaign reports, and supporting other teams’ email marketing needs. You will work closely with our marketing, sales, and product teams to drive engagement, generate leads, and increase customer retention.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns to promote Obie's services, including monthly newsletters.
- Create compelling email content that aligns with our brand voice and resonates with our target audience.
- Segment email lists and customize messaging based on various data points and behaviors.
- Implement A/B testing to optimize email campaigns and improve open and click-through rates.
- Monitor and report on email campaign performance, including analyzing key metrics and recommending improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure email campaigns are aligned with overall marketing and business objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with email marketing best practices and industry trends, and incorporate new ideas into Obie's email marketing strategy.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in email marketing, preferably in the insurance industry or tech environment
- Strong understanding of email marketing principles, including segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft engaging email content
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as Hubspot is a plus.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and CRM systems, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent project management skills
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and technology is a plus
We want you at your best, and won't be giving you any gotcha-style questions - we aren't like that. We want to get to know you, hear about what you're interested in, and learn about what you hope to do in the future.
You should familiarize yourself with these resources before continuing:
a. Our company’s blog to learn more about the space we’re working in, where we write about landlord insurance.
b. Check out our Twitter and LinkedIn to get a glimpse of how people interact with our brand and product.
c. Some posts with and about us around the web (Inc 5000, Estate Innovation, Geek Estate Blog, Business Wire)
d. Podcast appearances: (The Ryan Hanley Show, REM #22)
1. Meet us and learn about Obie
You'll first talk to Kara or Rebecca on a 30 minute call; you won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Obie and have a chance to ask any questions about our company, team, culture, and product.
2. Meet the hiring manager
You'll get to have a 45 minute video interview with the hiring manager for this role, Nate Smoyer. This discussion will be more technical in nature to ensure you have the skills needed to be successful in the role.
3. Project exercise
We will present you with a short exercise to complete to provide you a chance to flex some of your Marketing muscles. You will be able to complete this exercise on your own time, so please be thorough and use the resources available to you. More on this when you get there!
4. Meet the team
Since you'll be joining a close-knit team, we'll ask you to meet other people in the company so we get to know each other a bit better.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Flexible time off with an encouraged minimum time away to support a healthy work-life balance
12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Great health, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Pet Insurance Reimbursement
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Professional development support
See more open positions at Obie
Something looks off?