Senior Support Engineer
Mapped is disrupting the commercial and industrial spaces with its fully automated Independent Data Layer platform. Our platform helps developers access data from various legacy systems, IoT devices, and enterprise silo'd applications via a single Mapped API. We utilize various machine learning models and tools to automatically convert heterogeneous data sources into a single data model or an ontology.
We are seeking a Senior Support Engineer to onboard new customers, help existing customers implement our gateway(s), provide instructional support for developers working with our GraphQL API, and assist with product testing, bug reporting, and feature request prioritization.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Senior Support Engineer role has a varied and vital set of responsibilities:
- Provide networking, device, and developer support for multiple types and levels of customers
- Provide input to engineering and product teams on identified bugs and feature requests
- Contribute to training and documentation materials
- Participate in pre-sales discussions as subject matter experts
- 5+ years of support experience - any tier
- Strong familiarity with scripting languages
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Upper Tier / Team Lead level experience
- Experience with IoT protocols, BMS systems, BACNet, Modbus and similar technology
- Background with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Engineering skillset to build apps, not just troubleshoot them
- Europe / Remote
- Desired shift: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. UTC / GMT
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Stock options
- Open vacation policy
Mapped is an AI-powered data infrastructure platform for commercial and industrial IoT. We are on a mission to bring data from people, places, and things together in a secure and scalable manner to developers. We started our journey with the idea of 'what if every built space had an API ?'. Mapped empowers enterprises and their developers to create new revenue possibilities, optimize operations, and accelerate innovation.
Mapped is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.