Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Jones is the emerging leader of Risk and Compliance in real estate and construction management. Our compliance network makes it radically simpler for commercial property managers and tenants to ensure compliance, hire vendors and limit liability. Jones has experienced incredible growth fueled by an urgent need to digitize the archaic risk and compliance process in real estate and construction. Our AI-powered SaaS solution has delivered amazing product-market fit for our customers in over 2 billion square feet of real estate, dozens of massive construction projects, and growing! We have even more ambitious growth plans for the future that require our sales team to develop and nurture a pipeline of opportunities for our sales team.
How does this position help Jones succeed?
Your job will be to work closely with the sales team and leadership to engage our target list of accounts to identify their current pains and process around risk and compliance, communicate our core value props and engage prospects in a discussion about where Jones can create value.
Through this role you will get engaged in our prospecting and sales process, learn how we go-to-market, operate within and help to enrich our CRM process, and generate opportunities that will help us to meet our ambitious growth targets. This role is essential to the continued success of Jones and a stepping stone to becoming an Account Executive.
- Research and evaluating target leads/prospects/opportunities
- Promote and marketing Jones through calls, emails and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Schedule Initial prospecting meetings for the Sales Team
- Provide in-depth information to the Sales team to enable highly qualified and productive demos
- Meet weekly and monthly targets for activities and appointments booked
- Provide feedback to the sales team to refine our messaging and objection handling
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects, events and sales/marketing activities
- Maintaining all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in our CRM
What makes this an amazing opportunity!
- Be part of an energetic, agile and incredibly talented team that is building a best-in-class software company with 15% month-on-month revenue growth and 100% customer logo retention!
- Generate sales opportunities with some of the most renowned companies within the commercial real estate management and construction industries.
- Learn more about the intersecting area of real estate and insurance that is undergoing tremendous digital transformation
- Learn about the Proptech space and the various organization types and customer profiles that SaaS providers work with
- Gain a strong understanding of SaaS Sales fundamentals and skills needed to move from SDR to Account Executive and beyond
What makes you a great fit:
- 1-2 years of marketing, inside sales or sales development related experience OR
- Recent grad with a passion for being in a dynamic environment with a track record of demonstrating success in undergraduate initiatives
- Ability to demonstrate strong articulation of a product selling points via phone and email
- Four-year post-secondary education/Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to explain complex issues clearly, summarize the contents of a discussion succinctly
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- Must be intellectually curious and want to receive/provide constructive feedback
Our goal is to build a company where people feel ownership of their role and are able to grow and enrich their skills and experience. We also want to create an environment where people are challenged and encouraged to be entrepreneurial. We rely on our team to help identify and take action on initiatives that can move our business forward.
Elements of our culture that can be seen in every one of our people are the following:
- Fall in love with problems
- Give help generously
- Own super lean
- Take care of yourself
- Build trust everywhere
Learn more at www.getjones.com