Sr. Demand Generation Manager/Lead, Campaigns and ABM
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
Sr. Demand Generation Manager/Lead, Campaigns and ABM
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid Remote/Office)
How does this position help Jones succeed?
Jones is a Series A SaaS company that solves insurance compliance for the commercial real estate and construction industries. We are a 100% sales-led organization focusing on mid-market and enterprise sales, with a 3-6 month sales cycle. In a world where marketing can be divided into “fuel” and “engine” functions, you will partner with the “fuel” teammates (Product Marketer and Content Marketer) and focus on the “engine” part—all the channels and processes needed to get the “fuel” (copy, content, videos, you name it) to our ICP.
As a Sr. Demand Generation Manager, you will lead our demand creation, demand capture, and distribution efforts and have a direct impact on the company revenue pipeline. This role implies a very close collaboration with the Revenue leaders (VP of Revenue, Manager of the SDR team, etc.) and reports to the Director of Marketing.
Why join Jones
This is an exciting time to join our team as Jones has seen 300% growth in the MoM MKT-generated pipeline in the past year and is ready to take our demand generation efforts to the next level. We have a talented team of Sales led by a VP of Revenue who “gets” marketing and a solid marketing team that checks all the marketing foundation boxes—MOps and reporting infrastructure, product marketing, and a strong content function.
As a Sr. Demand Generation Manager, you will eventually be responsible for devising demand creation & demand capture strategies, and picking channels that help Jones to achieve our ambitious pipeline and revenue goals. In the first 3-6 months, you will most likely focus on the following two areas where we’ve already seen traction:
- Campaigns and ABM
CAMPAIGNS AND ABM
You will strategize, own, and execute on outbound marketing campaigns from start to finish. You will mastermind campaign ideas, collaborate with the Sales team as necessary, and project manage campaign execution, leveraging help from our Content Marketing Manager and Product Marketing Manager as necessary.
You will manage the orchestration of marketing efforts to ensure that the right content and offers are served to the right audience at the right stage of their buying journey via the right channels.
You will also kick start and own our first ABM campaigns for high-priority accounts, with a focus on experimentation and proving the concept: conducting research, aligning on a buying committee, leveraging channels that have proven productivity (personalized content, direct, gifting, etc.) and testing new out-of-the-box channels (which most likely will NOT be running targeted ads to a list of accounts). We are seeking somebody who has experience getting ABM from 0 to 1 and demonstrating traction before doubling down on what works. We do not currently work with ABM agencies and do everything in-house, so knowing how to distribute assets will be critical. You will, however, have ample help from the rest of the marketing team (Product Marketer and Content Marketer).
Jones integrates with some of the largest Proptech and Contech software solutions such as Procore and MRI Software. In partnership with our Product Marketing Manager, you will co-own marketing strategy for our integrations focusing on the distribution aspect. Some channels you might want to explore could be email, webinars, partner communities, partner sales teams, etc.). Our Product Marketing puts a heavy emphasis on the integrations so this would be a two-person effort.
You will help inform key success metrics that will measure the ROI on your efforts, but some of the KPIs you would impact are:
- MKT-sourced opportunities (new meetings created)
- MKT-influenced opportunities (MKT impact on meetings created and deals won by Sales)
What will make you successful in this role
- Prior experience in SaaS with a strong sales-led GTM motion is a must
-Prior experience with ABM enterprise accounts is highly desirable
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and superb project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in owning and achieving revenue and pipeline goals
- 5+ years of experience building marketing campaigns and reporting on the results
- Strong experience in working closely with Sales, improving funnel metrics and helping accelerate the sales cycle
- Expert in demand creation and demand capture tactics that work for mid-market and Enterprise
- Experience with CRM and automation tools (we use Hubspot)
- Experience marketing to enterprise accounts with large buying committees and long sales cycles is highly desirable
- Experience with paid is nice-to-have but not required—we run LinkedIn ads or search ads occasionally but haven’t seen a lot of results and rely on other channels
- Background in Proptech and Contech (e.g. Procore) selling into Commercial Real Estate, Construction, and General Contractors is a bonus
Our goal is to build a company where people feel ownership of their role and are able to grow and enrich their skills and experience. We also want to create an environment where people are challenged and encouraged to be entrepreneurial. We rely on our team to help identify and take action on initiatives that can move our business forward. Elements of our culture that can be seen in every one of our people are the following:
- Fall in love with problems
- Give help generously
- Own super lean
- Take care of yourself
- Build trust everywhere