Customer Experience Associate
Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
On the Customer Experience team, our single biggest responsibility is to our partners and members, and we must make sure that they are given the best possible service everyday. As a startup, we have opportunities for team members to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the company.
As a Customer Experience Associate, you will provide customer care to all partnered properties and customers, promoting collaboration and engagement between them and Jetty via inbound calls and email communications.
You will resolve issues and answer questions about our business, practices, and customers' accounts and orders, and you’ll also be called upon to identify patterns and suggest system and process improvements. At Jetty, you’ll be joining a company that is invested in growing fast and building a happy, productive team.
As part of our application process, please complete the two assessment questions in the form below.
Role & Responsibilities
- Learn our business and our systems inside out (Zen Desk, Salesforce, etc)
- Work with members and partners over the phone and email to resolve their problems and answer their questions
- Professionally communicate what Jetty’s products do and how they work, and why they are a great option for renters to everyone from a first-time renter to a seasoned insurance expert
- Tell management and your Jetty colleagues how our products, systems and services can be made better for our members and partners
- Process partner requests according to set metrics and parameters
The ideal candidate is
- Committed to being a part of building a great team in order to build a great company
- Capable of clearly expressing themselves and communicating Jetty’s offerings to members and partners
- Empathetic, self-aware, positive, and ego-free
- A "people person" who can stay upbeat through tough situations
- Independently driven
- Able to identify and articulate opportunities for operations and business improvement, while being conscious of the challenges in implementation
- A sponge for candid feedback, and excited to improve
- Committed to fostering an open, inclusive and diverse workplace and community
- Comfortable with working in ambiguity and making informed decisions based on the available information
Experience & Qualifications
- Clear written and spoken communication and proper grammar skills
- Capability to adhere to assigned schedule
- Skilled in multitasking; finding multiple pieces of information while maintaining a customer conversation
- Experience in navigating various web pages, software applications and pieces of technology
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Team player
- Quick and accurate typing; at least 40 words per minute
- Requires flexibility in schedule and weekend shifts
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
Compensation & Benefits
Beyond our mission, our products, and our people, the best way for Jetty to attract, develop, and retain talent is to provide both career growth and financial opportunity. In order to provide financial opportunity, our goal is to create compensation packages that are:
- Salary bands are based on market data
- Data pulled from similar sized companies to ensure we remain competitive
- Salaries for current and future employees are in our budget, which is reviewed quarterly
- Comp bands are based on 50th percentile market data (aka, right in the middle)
- Defined compensation bands for each level of a job family, updated twice a year
- Consistent performance management practices and company wide compensation audits
- Everyone is paid against Tier 1 compensation data, since it’s the most robust dataset, regardless of where you work
- Equity grants for all new hires, based on market data and internal comparables
- Additional grants given based on performance
- Comprehensive health insurance options that Jetty contributes to financially
- Health and wellness benefits
- Remote work benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous leave policies
Compensation for this role:
- The hourly salary for this role is $24/hour
- The offer package for this role will also include stock option equity
Benefits and perks include:
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 24 days of PTO + 12 holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.