Insurance Product Management Lead
Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking an Insurance Product Management Lead to own new product development and manage existing product offerings on our Insurance team, reporting to our VP of Financial Products. You will work closely with internal and external partners, including our reinsurer, to ensure we are responsibly managing our portfolio performance while helping to meet other company priorities.
You will be responsible for driving the execution of new product builds, including competitor and market research, partnering with Actuarial on the development and filing of rates and pricing strategies, partnering with Compliance on the development and filing of coverage and forms, and managing underwriting guidelines. You will also work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Sales teams to implement our product on the Jetty platform and partnership network.
For live product lines, you will be responsible for managing the performance of those products to hit Jetty loss ratio targets, including managing rate indications, implementing underwriting and pricing adjustments at the state and account level, and building capabilities to more closely underwrite and monitor account level performance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the development of new insurance products and manage portfolios of existing products
- Perform competitor analyses and understand the competitive landscape as it pertains to product, coverage, and rate levels; make recommendations for how to profitably grow our core product offerings
- Develop coverage solutions, underwriting guidelines, pricing improvements, and contract language with support from Actuarial, Marketing, Claims, Product & Engineering, and Compliance functions
- File and maintain rates at the state level, working directly with Departments of Insurance
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to implement and deploy product changes, including defining technical requirements
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to drive profitability
- Lead our Product Management relationship with our Reinsurers
Experience & Qualifications
- 5-7 years of direct insurance product development experience, working with personal lines P&C products; experience at a startup a plus
- Experience working with Departments of Insurance and the filing process
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- A bias for action and hunger to find creative solutions to problems
- Strong analytical skill set with experience driving analytical projects or managing analytics oriented teams
- Superior organizational capabilities, comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Finance, or related field
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space
Something looks off?