Loan Processing Associate
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive individual to join our Loan Production team. You will be responsible for processing a high volume of straightforward tasks that are essential to making the mortgage process run smoothly. Meanwhile, you will have the opportunity to develop your mortgage underwriting skills and / or lead process improvements, depending on your interests. You have a great work ethic and are always willing to pitch in to help the team.
- Manage workflows in our lender portals, including locking and disclosing files.
- Manage homeowner’s insurance, title, and appraisal workflows.
- Review client documents and determine if files are ready for submission. Proactively flag and resolve any potential problems.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and pain points, and collaborate cross-functionally to develop and implement short and long-term solutions.
- Minimum two years of experience in the mortgage industry.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines without micromanagement.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- Results-driven and persistent. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000, depending on candidate experience and location