Senior Software Engineer - Geometric Modeling/CAD
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our core geometric modeling technologies that support design, presentation, and analysis of homes. The right candidate for this role prioritizes working software over perfection and wants to deliver code, get user feedback, and iterate. We are remote-first, this role can sit anywhere in the continental US.
What you’ll do
- Solve geometric modeling problems: Conceive and implement algorithmic solutions to the most difficult geometric modeling problems
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with other engineers, product, and customer success teams to define expected behavior, discover gaps in existing product, and ultimately ensure customers are happy
- Test: Write tests to verify that your code can handle the worst corner cases.
- Mentor: Mentor junior developers to write code as robust as yours.
You have a strong interest in geometric modeling and understand the tradeoffs between different modeling techniques such as meshes, BReps, NURBS, and BSPs. Ideally you have a strong interest in the homebuilding industry, whether it's a passion for homes, construction, or home design and you’re motivated by the prospect of elevating an entire industry through geometric modeling. Your ability to be hands-on, while also focusing on the bigger strategic picture, sets us apart. You're not hesitant to deeply understand our codebase to contribute effectively to it.
You also have:
- 5+ years of experience working in CAD or geometric modeling
- Knowledge of geometric modeling concepts techniques such as but not limited to meshes, BReps, NURBS, and BSPs.
- Familiarity with graphics API’s like WebGL, WebGPU, and OpenGL.
- Able to understand and navigate a large TypeScript + React codebase
- Natural curiosity and a keen interest in staying abreast of new technologies and testing methodologies
- Excel at communicating within a dynamic organization — highlighting tradeoffs, delivery timelines, and making decisions considering various alternatives
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.