Assistant Field Estimator
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in dozens of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er - g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
As a Field Estimator you are the key to allowing Ergeon to be a nimble and scalable company. The Field Estimator acts as an independent contractor using any camera phone to document the exterior landscape and gardens of each client’s home. You’ll need to sync the photos with Ergeon's system so the Ergeon team can get to work. The photos you take will be analyzed by our service professionals and used to build fence or driveway plans, detailed yard blueprints, and special project proposals. Your photos also foster strong communication with our clients if they have specific questions or requests.
As Field Estimator you’ll interface directly with clients at their homes, be the frontline user of our latest technology, and help craft operational direction as we scale our services. Are you a reliable, personable individual with a passion for delivering strong customer service? Join our team.
Job Type: Contract 1099
Desired Skills and Experience
- Reliability - This is important as a client is expecting you.
- Consistency - commit to complete at least 15 jobs per week (3-4 days per week on average).
- Car and Driver’s License - your own, well-maintained car & a valid license
- Clean Driving Record & Insurance - less than 3 points, up-to-date car insurance (liability and bodily injury)
- Smartphone Camera - you’ll use your own smartphone camera (we’ll teach you a few tricks)
- Tech Savvy - you are comfortable with Google apps and learning to navigate new tech platforms
- Navigator skills - you can comfortably navigate Atlanta and the adjacent areas.
- Adaptable - easily adjust to rapidly changing systems and a dynamic environment
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Construction experience
- Income - you earn a flat rate compensation of $25 per completed job
- Flexibility - determine your own hours and manage your own schedule (with consideration for client availability).
- New Technology - master our internal technology that makes it easy to pick up jobs, automates most client communication, and equips you with critical information you may need on site.
- Learn - take advantage of this opportunity to get your foot in the door at an early-stage, fast-growing tech startup
- Direct Impact - your work will help craft the operational evolution of the company
Additional important information
- Paid 1 week of Self Taught Online training.
- Paid 1 week on Field training
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.