Senior Sales Expert
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in over 40 of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er - g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
The role of Senior Sales Expert at Ergeon involves being the primary point of contact for potential customers interested in our home improvement services. In addition to guiding leads through the sales process, the role includes coaching and mentoring trainees and Sales Representatives, providing support to the team by addressing inquiries, and sharing effective strategies. The position requires experienced individuals with excellent communication skills and product knowledge, who are proactive, organized, and customer-focused. We seek to provide an exceptional customer experience and invite candidates to join a dynamic team with growth opportunities and attractive benefits. The role includes refining sales processes, supporting team members, and potentially advancing to managerial positions as the company expands.
As a Senior Sales Expert at Ergeon a typical day will include the following:
- Managing open deals (leads).
- Communicating with leads via inbound calls, emails, and text messages.
- Making outbound calls to qualify new customers.
- Handling leads from qualification, to quoted and closed stages through single touch point interactions (end to end sales cycle). When not possible, you will need to set the appropriate follow up activities.
- Managing your customer pipeline through the usage of CRMs and other various tools.
- Sending quotes, clarifying questions, and closing deals to drive the Company’s revenue.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of advanced experience in B2C and/or B2B Sales
- Proficiency and fluency in English (business etiquette).
- Strong communication, customer rapport building and closing skills.
- Ability to master new products and concepts quickly.
- Proven track record of end-to-end pipeline management and achieving monthly revenue targets.
- Ability to define and refine new sales processes.
- Attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills.
- Time management and discipline.
- Sense of urgency and multitasking skills.
- Being able to handle high work volume efficiently.
- Proven track record of closing deals, metric compliance and proficiency on multi stage end-to-end sales cycles.
- Ability to work under pressure and dynamic target environments.
- Experience using CRMs, pipeline management or productivity tools like Pipedrive, Talkdesk, or Front among others.
- Proficiency in pipeline management.
- Previous full-time remote work experience.
Nice to have
- Sales experience in general labor or construction industry.
- Sales leadership and management experience.
- Cold calling experience.
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i5 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher for PC
- Core i5 10000 Series (10th Gen) or higher for laptops
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- AMD Ryzen 5, 4500 (4th Gen) or higher
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 10mbps upload and 20mbps download
- With a noise cancelling microphone
- 250-300W UPS
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
- Hourly rate US $8/hour + commissions.
- Commissions are based on a tier model that accounts for the revenue that you bring to the company.
- A Senior Sales Expert at Ergeon can expect to be making around $27,900 USD per year (base salary + commissions and other bonuses).
- You'll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional Important Information
- This is a 100% remote position, for people located in: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- World-class, Fully Paid, Sales Training of 4 weeks including: 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- You are going to be able to do a full immersion in the day-to-day job, enjoy our amazing company culture, make great friends, and learn a lot!
- We are completely convinced that this period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
- The position is full-time, based on a 40 hours work week.
- Availability Monday through Sunday from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PST/CST/EST.
- The expectation is to cover at least 40 scheduled hours that fall on any of the days mentioned above.
- Most commonly this will mean working 4 days of the week + 1 weekend day.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
Remote Health: Health insurance is essential for ensuring that our staff has peace of mind and access to help where and when they need it. Subsidized Health Insurance is available to all of our staff, no matter where they’re located.
This benefit will be available 6 months after graduation date. Ergeon will cover a portion of your plan cost directly with SafetyWing, our partner. Signing up for this plan is optional.
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.