Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
As a Tile Installer, you will play a crucial role in transforming spaces by meticulously installing tiles in various residential and commercial settings. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the accurate and aesthetically pleasing placement of tiles while adhering to design specifications and industry standards.
What you will do
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriately and when required.
- Safe and correct utilization of a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as hammers, drills, wire cutters, multimeter, voltage tester, conduit bender, fish tapes and rods, etc.
- Safe utilization of ladders, scaffolds, and step ladders.
- Read and interpret plans for appropriate dimensions, spacing, and other engineering callouts, including material requirements.
- Measure, cut, and install a wide range of tiles, including ceramic, porcelain, and more to create beautiful and functional surfaces.
- Prepare surfaces by cleaning, leveling, and ensuring proper substrate conditions to ensure optimal tile adhesion.
- Interpret blueprints, design plans, and specifications to achieve precise tile layouts, patterns, and alignments.
- Utilize various tools, such as tile saws, to cut tiles accurately and ensure a seamless fit in corners, edges, and irregular spaces.
- Apply grout and sealants to secure tiles in place, fill gaps, and protect surfaces from moisture, stains, and damage.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in installation of tile in a construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills including an understanding of fractions and decimals.
- Commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 50lbs.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform tasks that involve bending, twisting, and lifting.
Nice to Haves
- Basic blueprint reading and knowledge.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish, to facilitate communication with a diverse workforce.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!