Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
As a Finish Carpenter, you will use your superior craftsmanship and attention to detail to apply the finishing touches to our homes, ensuring that they are not only functional, but visually appealing. You will work with precision and attention to detail to install and repair various interior and exterior wood elements, trim, and fixtures as well as play a crucial role in enhancing the overall aesthetics and functionality of residential and commercial spaces.
What you will do
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriately and when required.
- Safe and correct utilization of a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as hammers, drills, wire cutters, multimeter, voltage tester, conduit bender, fish tapes and rods, etc.
- Safe utilization of ladders, scaffolds, and step ladders.
- Read and interpret plans for appropriate dimensions, spacing, and other engineering callouts, including material requirements.
- Measure, cut, and install trim, moldings, baseboards, and casings to enhance the appearance of walls, windows, doors.
- Assemble and install cabinet, vanities, and other storage solutions, ensuring they are level, secure, and aesthetically pleasing.
What You Will Bring
- 1-3 years’ experience in finish carpentry in a construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate math skills including an understanding of fractions and decimals.
- Commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 50lbs.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform tasks that involve bending, twisting, and lifting.
Nice to Haves
- Advanced blueprint reading and knowledge.
- Completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program or vocational training.
- Basic knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish, to facilitate communication with a diverse workforce.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!