Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
As an Electrician technician, you will play a crucial role in the early and late stages of construction projects by installing the foundational electrical systems that power a building's infrastructure as well as the finish components. Working closely with other construction professionals, you will be responsible for ensuring that electrical wiring, conduits, and components are correctly positioned and securely installed before the walls, ceilings, and floors are finished. Your expertise in electrical systems and safety protocols will be essential in creating a safe and functional environment for future occupants.
What you will do
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriately and when required.
- Safe and correct utilization of a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as hammers, drills, wire cutters, multimeter, voltage tester, conduit bender, fish tapes and rods, etc.
- Safe utilization of ladders, scaffolds, and step ladders.
- Read and interpret plans for appropriate dimensions, spacing, and other engineering callouts, including material requirements.
- Install main and sub electrical panels.
- Install wiring, conduits, junction boxes and other electrical components per plan and per code.
- Perform electrical tests including dielectric, continuity, polarity, and operational functionality.
- Correctly identify and label wires.
- Install light fixtures, switches, doorbells, and other finish electrical components.
- Troubleshoot and correct electrical issues.
What You Will Bring
- 1-3 years’ experience in electrical installs in a construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills including an understanding of fractions and decimals.
- Commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 50lbs.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform tasks that involve bending, twisting, and lifting.
Nice to Haves
- Advanced blueprint reading and knowledge.
- California General Electrician Certification or higher.
- Basic knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish, to facilitate communication with a diverse workforce.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!