Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
As a drywall installer and finisher, you will play a crucial role in the installation and finish of our level 4-5 drywall finishes. You will use your attention to detail to ensure that all installations are smooth, aesthetically pleasing surfaces in residential and commercial buildings.
What you will do
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriately and when required.
- Safe and correct utilization of a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as hammers, drills, wire cutters, multimeter, voltage tester, conduit bender, fish tapes and rods, etc.
- Safe utilization of ladders, scaffolds, and step ladders.
- Read and interpret plans for appropriate dimensions, spacing, and other engineering callouts, including material requirements.
- Measure, cut, and install drywall sheets.
- Apply joint compound to seams and joints between drywall sheets to create seamless surfaces.
- Tape joints and corners to prevent cracks and imperfections.
- Sand surfaces to achieve a smooth, even finish, removing any imperfections, bumps, or rough spots.
- Repair damaged drywall sections, including holes, dents, and cracks.
- Surface preparation for painting and other interior wall finish installations.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in installation of drywall and drywall finishes in a construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills including an understanding of fractions and decimals.
- Commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 50lbs.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform tasks that involve bending, twisting, and lifting.
Nice to Haves
- Basic blueprint reading and knowledge.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish, to facilitate communication with a diverse workforce.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!