Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
Primary responsibilities include completing the monthly accounting close including posting all required transactions and journal entries, entering vendor and other invoices into the Accounts Payable system, monitoring cash transactions, prepare bank and credit card reconciliations, balance sheet analysis and prepare financial reports and perform other analysis as necessary.
What you will do
- Manage monthly accounting close
- Record transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Create vendors and enter invoices into the ERP.
- Process payments to vendors and service providers as requested.
- Credit card transaction accounting.
- Generate billing invoices to customers.
- Prepare and enter journal entries including accrual, reversing and recurring
- Apply cash receipts from clients.
- Project cost accounting including Percentage of Completion accounting and revenue recognition
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Review expense accounts to determine if any costs were expensed which should have been capitalized.
- Capitalize assets and record depreciation/amortization as required
- Support the Finance Management team with various analysis as necessary.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare functional income statement actual vs budget with commentary
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Communicate with vendors and service providers as necessary.
- Provide support to auditors, tax professionals and consultants as necessary.
- Investor compliance as required
- Analyze all pertinent accounts in the general ledger to ensure balances are accurate, correct and that all back up for each account is on file and readily available for review and audit.
- Ensure month-end and year-end accounting close is accurately accomplished and all journals, working papers, etc. are in order so required reports can be compiled and published
- Ensures that quality has the highest priority within the accounting function and actively participates in the quality improvement system.
- Reviews departmental operation instructions for cost activities and updates when necessary
- Support the continuous buildout to NetSuite
- Work alongside company team members to provide financial support and budgets as necessary
- Maintain levelset accounts and documents for all customers
- Performs other duties as required
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on general accounting experience with a preference for manufacturing, real estate, or real estate construction
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate knowledge of SOX regulations including segregation of duties and internal controls in a cost accounting environment
- Understand various accounting process flows to create and implement new processes, policies & procedures customized for Connect Homes
- Advanced to Expert skills in Excel, Intermediate skill in Word, PowerPoint
- Exhibits can-do attitude
- Detail and accuracy oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality through attention to detail
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment, demonstrate critical decision-making skills, and have strong interpersonal and communication abilities; as well as a strong work ethic, high energy, and excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!