Production/Manufacturing Station Lead
Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The person in this role will work closely with the assigned supervisor to ensure that all productivity, quality, and safety targets are met on a consistent basis. The Production Team Lead is a working member of the production team and is responsible for strategically scheduling and allocating work to ensure timely completion of modules. The right person will have the ability to lead and develop a diverse team that plays a key role in providing on time delivery and superior quality. The Production Team Lead will be responsible for setting examples by visibly supporting policies and procedures established by Connect Homes.
What you will do
- Briefs manufacturing associates on daily production goals and objectives; briefs supervisors on goal status.
- Leads and directs manufacturing associates to obtain daily production goals and objectives.
- Works with supervisors to develop and complete shift start activities and shift end activities to ensure maximization of productivity.
- Ensures the daily completion of station whiteboards reporting progress, rework, design issues and material shortages.
- Immediately elevates issues related to production and/or personnel to the supervisor.
- Completes walkthrough of finished mod prior to presentation to QC line inspector.
- Completes QC walkthrough of completed mod with the responsible QC line inspector.
- Works with supervisors to complete and correct any findings from quality checks; works on developing countermeasures.
- Provides or ensures training of manufacturing practices to all associates assigned to area of responsibility.
- Support and interact in problem solving activity using various problem-solving tools (5 Why’s, 8 D’s, PDCA, etc.)
- Supports the training of and/or helps train and holds all associates accountable to Connect Homes practices related to Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- When working with others collaborates as a team player.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
What you will bring
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive or aerospace preferred
- 1-2 years of Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced to Expert skill level in residential blueprint reading is required
- Must have the aptitude to learn and utilize software programs used to streamline manufacturing processes (Microsoft Office Suite, Fieldwire, Andon Systems, ERP, etc)
- Must be able to clearly and professionally communicate with all levels of personnel.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is required.
Your nice to have’s
- Associates degree in manufacturing, engineering, business or equivalent is a plus
- Previous experience in residential construction experience is preferred
- Residential Construction trade experience in electrical, plumbing, or carpentry is preferred
- Previous exposure to various software programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Fieldwire, ERP)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a definite plus
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!