Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The Buyer is primarily responsible for purchasing the materials needed for CH’s operations at a competitive price. The Buyer will work closely with the Materials team to understand inventory levels and replenish materials as needed, and maintain a close relationship with Manufacturing to procure nonstock items needed for each particular project.
What you will do
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies to optimize cost savings, quality, and delivery of supplies.
- Track inventory levels and identifies procurement requirements.
- Process and issue purchase orders to cover CH material needs.
- Track purchase orders and coordinates deliveries.
- Coordinates return of damaged materials to vendors.
- Validates that CH is paying fair market value for its materials.
- Update cycle counts lists with new and discontinued items.
- Creates new material part numbers and new vendors in ERP.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Perform supplier evaluations and communicate feedback to vendors.
- Develops and maintains relationships with wholesalers and suppliers for assigned commodities.
- Maintain an accurate database of suppliers and products.
- Research potential vendors and products to identify cost-effective solutions.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Three years' experience in purchasing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer and software skills to include Microsoft Office products.
- Detailed oriented mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proactive and results driven approach.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement
- Experience with the Procure to Pay cycle of NetSuite is a plus
- Construction Purchasing Experience
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!