Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
As a rough carpenter, your primary responsibility will be to frame out flooring, walls, ceilings, and roofs in a safe, precise, and high-quality manner. Your attention carpenter and framing skills, attention to detail, ability to read plans will be a crucial component in the fabrication and building of our products.
What you will do
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriately and when required.
- Safe and correct utilization of a variety of hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as hammers, nail guns, staplers, drills, belt and orbital sanders, DX5 Hilti Powder-Actuated tool, routers etc.
- Safe utilization of ladders, scaffolds, and step ladders.
- Read and interpret plans for appropriate dimensions, spacing, and other engineering callouts, including material requirements.
- Measure accurately and cut precisely, various types of lumber.
- Use squares, tape measures, levels, and zip levels to accurately build out standard 16 O/C framing as well as other framing spacing requirements.
- Install hardware such as hangers, bolts, nails, fasteners, etc.
- Install floor joists, subfloor, and ceiling joists.
- Install ladders, head outs, blocking and insulation.
- Wall, crippler walls, skylights and window layout and installation.
- Build decks with Trex decking and Figian Mahogany planks.
- Apply various adhesives and caulking.
- Install Zip sheathing.
- Use basic math skills to perform measurements of cuts, angles, and other dimensions as required.
What You Will Bring
- 1-3 year's experience in framing in a construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to appropriately use a tape measure.
- Basic math skills including and understanding of fractions and decimals.
- Commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 50lbs.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform tasks that involve bending, twisting, and lifting.
Nice to Haves
- Advanced blueprint reading and knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish, to facilitate communication with a diverse workforce.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!