Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The Quality Inspector plays a vital role in ensuring the quality, safety, and compliance of modular homes during the manufacturing and assembly processes. This position involves conducting thorough inspections, documenting findings, and collaborating with production teams. The goal is to address issues that meet industry and regulatory standards.
What you will do
- Must be familiar with approved designs, specifications, building codes, and building standards.
- Inspect each module at each step of production to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, codes, and building standards.
- Inspects, coordinates, re-inspects, and documents correction of non-compliant quality issues.
- Ensures that the production line adheres to standards, procedures and complies with Quality Manual requirements.
- Provide and participate in educational opportunities and continuous training.
- Root cause analysis to determine findings/inefficiencies and propose improvements.
- Communicate all quality issues to management in a timely manner, along with recommendations for any corrective actions that may be necessary.
- Promote a culture of safety and ensure that all safety protocols are followed during the construction and inspection processes.
- Work cross functionally with other departments and team members.
What You Will Bring
- Three years previous experience in quality home inspection in construction, preferably in modular home manufacturing.
- Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office Suite with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, methods, and building codes.
- Attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to identify defects or deviations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in using inspection tools and equipment. (physical tools: tape measure, digital levels, multimeter, Rugged DC Hipot tester, outlet tester)
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Based on operational needs work flexibility is required.
- Physical effort with lifting and carrying materials or equipment (up to 50 lbs.)
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment requiring exposure to noise, dust, fumes and moving equipment (ladders, scaffolding, forklifts and lifts).
- PPE always required.
Nice to Haves
- Building Inspector experience and/or home inspection experience.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Principals of construction.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!