Project Manager - Shelter Housing
Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The Shelter Housing Project Manager is the primary link between design, production and our customer for government and commercial projects. The person in this role will set up projects for success, drive design and schedule integrity, and ensure that our customers are kept informed of progress and address needs that may arise.
What you will do
- Oversee and own the execution of the full design development process of Connect Shelter Projects and lead design staff in project execution – from test-fit studies, concept design, design management, due diligence, issue for bid and construction packages with external consultants. Coordinate all technical and business needs required from stakeholders and transform them into state and local permit packages.
- Coordinate with the project team on Site Planning and Compliance. General building code knowledge is required, with emphasis in ADA.
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners to ensure deliverables align with internal business objectives.
- Review construction documents, shop drawings, and perform construction administration responsibilities including the answering of RFIs and Submittal reviews with internal and external parties to ensure execution of design intent.
- Demonstrate ability to write and review scope of work which will vary per project while proposing standardizing operating procedures to streamline future projects.
- Overseeing development on both state and local approval drawing sets for modular production.
- Overseeing coordination with third party consultants including structural and MEP engineers.
- Overseeing communications with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Coordinating with factory production team to ensure smooth transition of architectural drawings into factory production set. Review and sign off of design intent.
- Maintaining positive relationship with clients and owner’s representatives throughout construction of their project, ensuring that the project meets the client’s needs and that clients remain informed of progress and developments.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 7 years of construction project management experience, design management also required.
- Well versed in local, state, national regulations, ADA and building standards
- Thorough understanding of approvals and entitlements process.
- Must be highly organized with strong time management skills, detail oriented and able to prioritize competing interests.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills and through sketches.
- Ability to agilely shift focus and deliver on multiple projects.
- Comfortable creating, reading, and understanding architectural drawings.
- Civil, S, MEP, Landscape and Energy knowledge to coordinate with outside consultants.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrate, InDesign and 3D Sketchup preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience with interim supportive housing, homeless shelter or public housing development.
- PMP or CCM certification a plus
- Division of State Architect (DSA) experience strongly recommended.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!
Something looks off?