Architectural Designer II
Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The Architectural Designer is a part of the Design Team. This role helps design and prepare design packages for modern prefab residences to be delivered and installed to California and beyond. The role requires a detail-oriented individual who is keen on learning how buildings are built and how the prefab world works. An Architectural Designer must be a highly enthusiastic person who is open to learn, conduct research and is hungry for personal growth and career development.
What you will do
- Develop technical drawings and design packages for state and local submittals
- Assist senior staff and project managers with verification of site details and code research to support design.
- Collaborate with design team as well as internal and external consultants to meet overall project objectives.
- Participate in the evaluation of potential design solutions for feasibility and constructability.
- Prepare system specifications for building documentation to suit individual clients and company standards.
- Assume personal responsibility and accountability for set deadlines and quality of work.
- Embody/embrace open communication and team-oriented success.
- Actively participate in quality improvements of the product or manufacturing process.
- When working with others collaborate as a team player.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives when required.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s or degree in Architecture
- Minimum 5 years architectural production work experience required.
- Advanced skill level in Revit is required, no exceptions will be made.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel)
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, creative thinking, and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality through attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to put together a construction set with minimal supervision
- Organized with strong time management and communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Your nice to have’s
- Previous experience in prefab/modular design and/or construction.
- Previous experience in both commercial and residential desired.
- Previous experience in site planning, campus planning and ADA design.
- Previous experience coordinating with various municipalities and city officials.
- Previous experience with Division of State Architect (DSA)
- Passion for learning and ability to fail forward.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!
Something looks off?