Architectural Product Manager
Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The Architectural Product Manager is a part of the Product Team. Connect Homes mission is to turn the home into a product and to make the process of building a home similar to that of buying a car. This role manages a team to prepare the fabrication drawings for modern prefab homes to be built on an assembly line in our factory. The role requires a detail-oriented individual who is keen on learning every aspect of what goes into building a home and how the prefab world works. An Architectural Product Manager must be a highly enthusiastic person who is open to learn, conduct research and is hungry for personal growth and career development.
What you will do
- Manage a team and a process that takes over homes from the Project Team after they have gone through approvals and a customization and fit-out process with the owners to prepare a set of fabrication drawings for the home for the factory
- Manage the workflow and priorities of the team to ensure that fabrication drawings are released in a timely manner to maintain the production schedule at the factory
- Cross functional collaboration with the BIM team, the design team, the structural engineer, the MEP specialist, the procurement team, the factory team and the field team to make sure that every detail, finish and system is accounted for and coordinated
- Collaborate with the design team during development of fabrication drawings to assure implementation of overall design objectives
- Collaborate with the factory team during production to assure conformance with the technical drawings
- Assist with product research to support technical drawing and detail development and continually look for ways to improve our homes and our processes
- Participate in the evaluation of potential technical and detail solutions for feasibility and constructability
- Assume personal responsibility and accountability for set deadlines and quality of work
- Embody/embrace open communication and team-oriented success.
- Actively participate in quality improvements of the product and manufacturing process
- When working with others collaborate as a team player
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives when required
- Perform other duties as required by management
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 5-10 years of work experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Revit is required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving and creative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality through attention to detail
- Organized with strong time management and communication skills
Your nice to have’s
- Previous experience in modular/prefab design and/or construction.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!
Something looks off?