Full-Stack Software Engineer
Full-Stack Software Engineer - Key Position
Full-Stack Engineer / Lead Engineer - You’ll be working closely with the entire team to design and build our flagship software platform. You will be reporting directly to the CTO. Initially you will be working with our talented offshore team to help the team navigate the best way to scale up.
Fully remote with the potential for occasional travel for collaboration.
Cake’s founding team is made up of industry veterans Jason Griffith, Bill Evick, Ross Goldenberg and John Bonds. With over a century of combined domain experience and multiple successful exits, they recently sold SiteCompli (compliance automation) and Aptexx (mobile rent payments and messaging) to InhabitIQ (backed by Providence Equity, Insight Venture Partners, Goldman Sachs). The Cake team sees a $30 trillion asset class managed by disorganized email chains and unsecured text messages and is intent on making Cake the real estate industry standard platform for team communication.
This is a key hire as we are willing to put together the right package for the right person. Comp will include base, meaningful equity (if desired), and a full benefits package.
Position reports to the CTO/Co-Founder. I founded a successful consulting firm before starting my previous venture; a payment and SaaS platform servicing the property management/banking industries, and served as CTO until the sale to InhabitIQ in 2018. I am transparent, curious, humorous and love collaborating with my co-workers. My other interests include cooking, food, wine, and athletics. I am results-oriented and see my role as serving my team by eliminating friction and greasing the wheels.
We are building a team that encourages collaboration and believes that trust, high morale, and positive communication are critical to our success. The team at Cake cares about crafting our best work and impressing our customers.
What we’re currently using
- AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Spring Boot - Java
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the CTO and dev team building mobile and web apps using React frameworks
- Build scalable infrastructure
- Build deployment methods
- R&D to find tools, technologies and services that will improve performance, stability, and security
- Participate in the development processes including scoping, design, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance and support
- Mentor new engineers as the team grows
What you should have
- 8+ years of software development experience
- A bachelor's degree; preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 4+ years of mobile application development experience with React Native
- 4+ years of web application development experience with React
- 4+ years of experience with MongoDB
- Experience with the Spring/Spring Boot framework (Java)
- Experience building and scaling infrastructure in AWS
- Experience using Typescript
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in working with a small team at first and then growing and scaling with us
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with MongoDB realm
- Experience building offline-first mobile applications
- Knowledge and/or experience in the PropTech industry
- Enjoyment of an entrepreneurial atmosphere