Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Manager
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As our Customer Success Manager, you will join a well-funded, fast-growing technology startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company. While prior account management experience and/or familiarity with the commercial contractor industry is highly valued, the ideal candidate is someone who works hard, demonstrates strong analytical thinking, and is willing to go above and beyond to help customers succeed on our platform. Willingness to work during EST business hours is a pre-requisite.
What we look for:
- Extraordinary people skills: must be empathetic, patient, confident, good-humored, and able to interact well with a broad spectrum of personality types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Strong product instincts with the ability to document issues concisely.
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative team environment and understands that we succeed or fail together.
- Capable of efficiently learning and using complex software as well as teaching all aspects of that software to others.
- An efficient and effective problem-solver with strong critical thinking skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Intelligent, self-motivated, quick thinking, and fast learning.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a top university.
- Willing to work during EST business hours.
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn Accounting ERP systems like Quickbooks Online/Enterprise, Sage 300 CRE/Intacct, Viewpoint Vista/Spectrum preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Assist customers with all aspects of our software through phone, email, and Zoom screen-sharing sessions, with a primary focus on customer success, support, and satisfaction.
- Become a BuildOps product expert and help both customers and co-workers succeed by identifying creative solutions to unique workflow requirements.
- Utilize support tools such as Monday.com, JIRA Service Desk, UserGuiding, and OpenPhone to efficiently handle customer cases and track personal performance.
- Collaborate as part of a tight-knit team, working together to provide superior technical support while maintaining a positive environment.
- Troubleshoot and submit bugs to our developers acting as the primary driver from bug ticket creation through resolution.
- Champion customer needs internally by providing feedback and escalating requirements, ensuring that they receive the attention they deserve.
- Travel on-site to our customers’ office locations in order to assist with their initial BuildOps implementations.
Where you’ll go (and how often):
- We have customers across the US and Canada, so our top candidates will be ready, willing, and able to travel and assist with our legendary customer implementations. Travel frequency will depend on the account.
- You have tech start-up experience
- You have experience in and around the speciality contractor or construction world
What we offer:
- Base Salary $80k - $100k + bonus and equity.
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules - Hybrid if located in downtown TO - remote if located outside TO.
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.