At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks who thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As our Solutions Engineer, you will be a technical subject matter expert and champion alongside our Account Executive team helping articulate BuildOps’ overall value proposition. You’ll be highly collaborative with all other departments at BuildOps to ensure technical alignment with our customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
Successful candidates have experience owning pre-sales technical support for prospects and partners from initial contact through product demonstration to close. Or have held a project management or administration role within the construction industry including: Project Manager, Service Manager, Project Engineer, IT Solutions Manager, etc. This role will report to our Director, Solutions Engineering and has the opportunity to work remotely from any US location.
What we look for:
- 3+ years sales engineering experience and/or specific construction/service industry expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Systems, or CS
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills both in-person and through virtual meetings, direct message, email, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task, work in high-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Proven track record of solving complex problems
- Previous experience working with sales teams to close new business by addressing prospects’ technical challenges preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with external customers and internal business partners through all means of communication channels
What you’ll do:
- Own pre-sales technical support of prospects and partners from initial contact through product demonstration and close.
- Craft value-based presentations that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of the BuildOps platform
- Participate in technical demonstrations and coordinate multiple technical resources, both internal and external
- Enable new Account Executives for success and transform them into BuildOps experts through training and support
- Collaborate with fellow team members as well as internal/external stakeholders to meet project milestones.
Where you’ll go (and how often):
- We still enjoy doing business the old-fashioned way, too, and often we visit our prospects in person. Must be willing to travel up to 20%.
- You have tech start-up experience
- You have experience in and around the construction/service industry.
- CPA-level or equivalent knowledge of construction accounting principals
- Familiarity with other Field Service Management/Project Management platforms, accounting/ERP platforms, Salesforce, Slack
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules (this particular role can be 100% remote)
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.