Group Product Manager
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractors. From helping our customers manage their service department all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
Who we are looking for:
BuildOps is looking for a Toronto/GTA based candidate to help drive our Product initiatives. This candidate will join a well-funded, fast-growing technology startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company.
As a Group Product Manager you will:
● Learn the commercial subcontracting industry and develop a passion for solving their problems
● Own product functionality from conceptualization all the way through customer adoption
● Take ownership of a Product Area comprising of multiple modules, and develop a team of
multiple product managers for the Area
● Work closely with Engineering squads to execute on functionality, CX Team for adoption,
and stakeholders across the organization to develop a roadmap and strategy
● Make tough decisions around priorities while communicating why
● Take ownership of sink-or-swim moments and transform ambiguity into clarity
● Help build an inclusive culture
Requirements to be successful in this role:
● 4+ Years as a Product Manager at a fast paced SAAS technology company, having fully owned a software product module from concept to launch
● 2+ Years leading a team of 2 or more Product Managers
● Experience with directly managing, hiring, coaching, and retaining other PMs
● Technical skills and leadership - doesn’t have to be a technical architect or ace
programmer, but can speak to Developers and jump into Git if needed
● Entrepreneurial mindset - thrives in controlled chaos
● Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Nice to have:
● Familiarity with the commercial contractor industry
● Familiarity with construction, procurement or accounting software
● Experience with Service oriented SAAS platforms
● Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.