Process Automation Support Engineer
Why is working in this department AMAZING!
As an Automation Support Engineer, you will work alongside the brightest minds who has helped build Briq’s RPA platform. You will be exposed to the intrinsic details of how technology work and is implemented. The department sits at the fast-paced intersection of Engineering, Product, and Customer Success and is committed to delivering excellent solutions for our clients. Here we grow, build, learn, and succeed together, making it the one of the most collaborative teams in the company
What does the future of this department look like? Where is this going and why do I want to come along for the ride?
The Automation department is going to continuously grow in numbers, knowledge, and skillset over the next year. Briqsters in this department will quickly see themselves evolving, as the role pushes us to become better builders and teammates every single day. Members of the department are destined to be future leaders and industry experts, as we work towards the goal of establishing a reputation of executing brilliant solutions. Your learning opportunities will exponentially grow.
In a nutshell, what will I do every day in this role?
In this role, you will work on designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining Briq’s RPA platform by being an engaged participant in the entire software development lifecycle. This person will typically work closely with a team of other engineers in addition to members of implementation teams in order to ensure timely delivery of high quality and high value automated solutions.
Why will I love this job within the context of our pillars?
We are Builders:
Every day at Briq is a new opportunity to build for our clients, and to build better and faster than the day before. You will work in a high innovating environment and produce on a regular basis solutions that provide immediate value to our customers
We Evolve and learn every day:.
As an Automation Support Engineer you will evolve regularly, immersing yourself in a perpetual cycle of improving and sharpening your technical and domain skills. Working in this role will give you the opportunity to grow in the construction industry and evolve yourself a techincal guru in many cutting edge technologies and their applications. There is no limit on how much you can innovate
We take Ownership with Accountability:
Being an Automation Support Engineer gives you extreme ownership of ensuring the quality of solutions being built is extraordinary. We trust that every team member will own with accountability, and this trust allows you to build without being micromanaged
We Go Fast and Win:
Working at a startup, you will have access to modern and new technologies, allowing you to work quickly and efficiently. Not only will you build fast, but you will build to WIN.
We encourage constructive Dialogue:
Briq’s culture was designed to put an emphasis on communication and collaboration. We never suffer in silence, as we approach struggles as opportunities to learn and improve. As an Automation Engineer, the “Dialogue” pillar gives you an opportunity to not only leave an impact in the work you directly do, but an impact on the company as a whole
We are a Community:
You are part of a community not just at Briq, but in the entire North American construction industry. You know how to build relationships with colleagues, and can rely on the teams you work with to be successful in your role.
We are Future Positive:
As an Automation Support Engineer, you always are in a unique position to constantly monitor and suggest improvements in process, tech and innovations.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Troubleshoot, fix, maintain and report automation issues and bugs
- Execute all facets of the software development lifecycle
- Contribute fixes in accordance with our SLAs by troubleshooting and debugging, including timely communication of root cause analysis and solutions in necessary communication channels
- Monitor system performance and stability, identifying and elevating issues as appropriate
- Contribute to develop and maintain documentation.
- Assist with monitoring and mentoring intern and associate-level staff as required
Qualifications for this role:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related field is a plus
- 2+ years in Java
- 2+ years in building automation scripts using selenium and/or other automation tools
- Experience maintaining, and monitoring dashboards (Kibana, Elastic, etc) and other channels for the purposes of troubleshooting and reporting on key metrics is a plus
- Comfortable participating in a scrum based software development lifecycle
- Comfortable drawing on experience to provide constructive criticism on merge requests to the code base in an effort to elevate and uphold code quality and agreed upon standards
- Keen ability to communicate effectively and with sufficient detail so as to ensure clarity among team members, across teams, and with other project stakeholders
- Ability to consistently remain organized, including the ability to elevate the team’s effectiveness by contributing regularly to shared resources
- You are a builder – Execution oriented approach to software development that prioritizes positioning yourself to iteratively deliver substantial value for our clients in a sustainable and timely manner. You proactively work to unblock your tasks and lend help to others in need. You aren’t afraid to think outside of the box and substantiate your arguments and ideas with data and material examples.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change
- Familiarity with web-based meeting tools (Zoom, etc.), code management tools (Git/Gitlab, etc), and ticketing and documentation tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Must Have – Selenium, Java, Any API Automation
- Good to Have – Appium, Windows Application Driver, Sikuli, Postman, Google Cloud Platform, PDF manipulation libraries, Apache POI
- Database – Firebase, Mongo, Big Query