QA Engineer 2
Why is working in this department AMAZING!
Working in engineering at Briq puts you squarely in the driver’s seat of building the next generation of construction financial management, planning, and intelligence software. The problems we work to solve every day are deeply complex and rewarding, both for the engineering team and our customers. Engineering at Briq also provides ample opportunities to work closely with product, UX, infrastructure, devops and other stakeholders outside of tech – there are endless ways for you to gain & refine new skills, deliver value, and make an impact.
We are builders first and foremost; We are looking for the best ideas and tools for the job at hand. As such, we are continually evaluating our stack, approaches, and process to deliver performant and scalable solutions for our clients. Working in engineering at Briq, you can expect to leverage some of the latest technologies and software design paradigms available and would be responsible for quality control on application build on:
● Vue.js frontend
● Python/Flask microservice architecture
● Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
● CI/CD with Gitlab
● Machine learning
What does the future of this department look like? Where is this going and why do I want to come along for the ride?
As an engineering team within a hyper-growth startup, we are tasked with continuously expanding both the team and the functionalities afforded to our clients by our products and services. This makes for abundant personal and professional growth opportunities within the organization. Regardless of whether you desire to hone engineering skills and deliver amazing features as an individual contributor or take on people/process focused management roles, engineering at Briq offers separate-but-equal tracks with opportunity for vertical career progression.
Given the breadth of our platform, there are a wide variety of problems to solve both today and on the roadmap. If what you are working on today falls out of favor, there is no shortage of new frontiers to conquer. We deeply believe the best solutions are put forward by happy, engaged, and healthily challenged engineers.
If being an integral part of creating a powerful & diverse platform while helping to shape and grow a rapidly expanding engineering organization sounds exciting, Briq is the place for you!
In a nutshell, what will I do every day in this role?
The QA Engineer I is responsible for performing ongoing manual and automation testing activities supporting Briq’s application development. This person will work closely with multiple product team members and multiple development team members to carry out and maintain test plans and procedures that serve to verify functionality. This person also plays an essential role in ensuring the success of each release by assisting with regression testing activities prior to release. Success in this position requires an individual be inquisitive, detail oriented, and an effective communicator
Why will I love this job within the context of our pillars?
We are Builders:Create new things, improve the existing, and grow with the team every day.
We Evolve and learn every day: Learn new skills, research and prove-out new technology & approaches, and mentor a team of exemplary professionals.
We take Ownership with Accountability: Briq is yours – embrace the entire software development lifecycle for an application area end-to-end and have a significant impact on the value our clients receive.
We Go Fast and Win: Agile with 2 week sprints means we are constantly delivering and iterating over features and functionality with direct and insightful feedback from our users.
We encourage constructive Dialogue:
Briq’s culture was designed to put an emphasis on communication and collaboration.
We never suffer in silence, as we approach struggles as opportunities to learn and
improve. As a Technical Writer, the “Dialogue” pillar gives you an opportunity to not only
leave an impact in the work you directly do, but an impact on the company as a whole
We are Future Positive:
As a QA Engineer, you always have an eye on the future of product and technical developments. You would not be only managing the quality of the feature build today but also continuously contributing towards making sustainable QA suite for platform through automation testing.
We are a Community:
You are part of a community not just at Briq, but in the entire North American
construction industry. You know how to build relationships with colleagues, and can rely
on the teams you work with to be successful in your role.
Responsibilities for this role:
● Support the successful execution of software engineering activities related to ongoing product QA testing and maintenance by performing and facilitating manual & automation testing on Briq’s applications
● Collaborate with the product and development teams to ensure features and fixes taken under test are built functionally correctly, do not cause regression of functionality in the application, and ultimately are of high quality
● Proactively and thoroughly communicate timely updates regarding findings in the appropriate channels
● Contribute to and maintain relevant documentation to support testing processes and procedures
Qualifications for this role:
● A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related field is preferred
● 4 - 7 years in QA analysis, automated test development, software engineering or related experience
● Experience manually testing web applications using a modern web framework (Vue.js, React, etc)
● 4 - 7 years of experience in writing automated tests for UI and API
● Familiarity with microservice architectures (Python/Flask, etc) is a plus
● Familiarity with web-based meeting tools (Zoom, etc.), code management tools (Git/Gitlab, etc), and ticketing and documentation tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
Something looks off?