Senior Software Engineer, Compute and Networking
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
This team is responsible for building and operating the core compute and networking infrastructure of our microservices architecture here at Attentive, which consists of AWS VPCs, TransitGateways, multicluster Kubernetes (EKS), Istio as both a service mesh and ingress solution, and Cloudflare at the edge. We use Terraform and ArgoCD as our tools for Infrastructure as Code.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Compute and Network team. We, as a team, provide a compute and networking platform with reusable opinionated cloud components and tools that follow well-defined patterns and narrow interfaces, for engineering teams to use in their solutions, thereby providing leverage in a safe, reliable, and secure manner with guardrails and stable underlying infrastructure.
Why Attentive needs you
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, coordinate, and resolve complex infrastructure issues
- Orchestrate Kubernetes infrastructure across multiple networks and AWS accounts
- Manage our Infrastructure as Code Orchestration that allow application teams to consume AWS cloud services through automation and self-serve capabilities
- Develop automation workflows to improve team efficiency
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Partner with other teams and business stakeholders to deliver business initiatives
- Help onboard new team members, provide mentorship and enable successful ramp up on your team's code bases
- You have been working in the areas of Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps / Infrastructure for 5+ years, and have an understanding of best practices
- You have experience building infrastructure in a microservices architecture
- You have a background in software development and are passionate about bringing that experience to bear on the world of infrastructure
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and can’t imagine a world without it
- You understand the importance of CI/CD in building high-performing teams and have worked with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and ArgoCDYou are passionate about observability and worked with tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Sensu, Datadog, New Relic
- You are comfortable with the OSI networking model and have experience debugging or creating solutions that start at layer 7 down to layer 3
- You are very familiar with containers and container orchestration and have direct experience with vanilla Docker as well as Kubernetes as both a user and as an administrator.
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,400 - $220,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.