Account Manager, Strategic Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
As an Account Manager, Strategic Sales at Attentive, you will be instrumental in driving upsell/cross-sell opportunities across Attentive’s Strategic customer base.
You are the point person for partnering with Client Strategy to lead our engagement with top-tier advertisers with the goal of uncovering new product expansion and upsell opportunities. You have the ability to create a pipeline of new opportunities within current accounts and your skills in navigating complex decision-making processes and influencing key stakeholders will result in successful closures of those deals.
Why Attentive needs you
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth within Strategic accounts, with an initial focus on selling new Attentive products (e.g. Attentive AI)
- Support CS renewal conversations for accounts in which we have identified significant upsell and expansion opportunities (international expansion, parent account expansion, etc.)
- Provide timely and accurate weekly forecasts
- Steer complex pricing negotiations with key stakeholders to uncover procurement timelines, budgets and signatory process for contracts
- Prepare and present data and trends to customers on usage and engagement of Attentive platform in order to compel customer to increase investment
- Manage customer inquiries related to commercial aspects of their Attentive agreement
- Partner cross-functionally with Client Strategy, Deal Enablement, Legal, Finance and other internal teams
- 5+ years of experience in a closing sales role; Account Management, Account Executive or as an outside sales person
- Experience working in a SaaS, MarTech, AdTech or startup preferred
- Experience building and owning executive-level relationships within Fortune 100 level accounts
- Demonstrated strong competency around objection handling and creating alignment around product price/value
- Analytical account development strategy, using data to find opportunities and prove value
- Ability to think strategically about a customer’s goals and drive renewal & expansion opportunities through to close independently
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to define processes and build strategy
- Demonstrated experience consistently meeting and exceeding quota, with references
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $85,000 - $150,000 annually + bonus/commission + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.