Director, Agency Growth Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Attentive® is the leader in conversational commerce, reinventing business to consumer communication. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 8,000 leading brands like CB2, Urban Outfitters, Crocs, Jack in the Box, and Coach rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven leader to join our team as the Director of Agency Growth Partnerships. This role is crucial to our company's success as it focuses on expanding and nurturing our agency ecosystem to drive revenue growth and serve as a strategic partner to our product organization.
As the Director of Agency Growth Partnerships at Attentive, you will lead a small team responsible for developing and executing a global strategy to grow our agency ecosystem. Your primary objective will be to drive revenue growth by acquiring new agencies for our partner program and nurturing relationships with existing growth agency partners. This role requires strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, the ability to build with an eye toward scale and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Why Attentive needs you
- Develop a Global Strategy: Conduct market sizing, segmentation, and prioritization of agency segments. Define strategic initiatives to drive agency growth and revenue. Identify opportunities for expansion into new partner categories, verticals, and markets.
- Acquire New Agencies: Identify potential agency partners that align with our target market and business objectives. Proactively engage with agencies to communicate the benefits of our partner program. Collaborate with the sales team to negotiate and onboard new agency partners.
- Build and Grow Agency Relationships: Implement a range of 1-many activities, such as events, webinars, and community engagement, to foster relationships with growth agencies. Act as the primary point of contact for agency partners, addressing their needs and concerns. Develop strategies to deepen engagement and drive increased agency participation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner closely with marketing, partner enablement, and product teams to understand partner needs and align them with our offerings. Advocate for partner feedback and collaborate with product teams to incorporate partner needs into the product roadmap. Collaborate with marketing to develop partner-specific campaigns and materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in agency partnerships, business development, or sales roles within the Martech (or adjacent) industry.
- Strong understanding of marketing technology, trends, and best practices.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze market data and make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including developing a team and driving results.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining high productivity.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time for conferences, events, and agency visits.
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $173,200 - $216,500 annually
- This position is eligible for performance-based cash bonus or variable compensation
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.