Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (Full-Time) - Remote (we work in EST time zone)
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer who is an expert with backend technologies and can operate at full-stack capacity. We need someone with a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems using out-of-the-box thinking.
Around the world, trillions of dollars in civil infrastructure spending are wasted annually and critical civil infrastructure fails on a daily basis putting at risk billions of people. These issues are a consequence of the lack of technology in the civil infrastructure industry. AREN is on a journey to change the global landscape of civil infrastructure by developing cutting-edge technology to optimize trillions of dollars of civil infrastructure spending and minimize civil infrastructure failure risk. We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team, people with a thirst to have a strong impact in shaping the future.
AREN is an AI-powered platform for infrastructure asset management. We are an early-stage VC-backed startup with a group of highly motivated entrepreneurs, ambitiously building the future of asset management and risk assessment for civil infrastructure. By transforming 2D and 3D visual data into actionable insights, we identify and prevent infrastructure failures and their devastating consequences by artful fusion of human and machine intelligence.
An engineering role at AREN requires an all-in startup mentality, a team-first attitude, self-motivation, a strong desire to succeed and build world-class products. Join a diverse founding team with deep domain experience in computer vision, artificial intelligence, civil engineering, and business as we push the boundaries in a space ripe for innovation.
AREN is a deep tech startup founded by Cornell, UIUC, Bain & Co., NYU, and London Business School entrepreneurs and scientists with a boundless passion for building an AI-powered platform to empower engineers and asset owners to assess and manage the civil infrastructure while reducing the risk of failure to protect people and help our global society to operate and thrive.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, test, and deploy services in a variety of languages and frameworks (Clojure, Ruby and Golang to name a few)
- Design and implement backend topologies for scalability and robustness
- Design and implement big data supporting solutions
- Write robust, highly tested, and well-crafted code
- Contribute and actively participate in code reviews
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering roles
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering; ability to provide solid architectural guidance and insight
- Constantly push yourself out of comfort zone
- Care about well-crafted and tested code
Phenomenal Team Members Have:
- Experience with at least one cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure
- An interest in creating software for web applications, and a strong desire to develop a high performing, high quality product
- The communication skills to work collaboratively to prototype, develop and implement new technologies
- The tenacity to embrace and solve challenging problems
- Team player
- Building innovative solutions for real-world problems
- Being part of a growing company with a strong foundation and plenty of opportunity to grow professionally
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plan
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Flexible vacation policy
- Equity options
AREN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.