Certified Residential Appraiser - Colorado Springs
At Aloft, we’re on a mission. We’re building a nationwide property valuation firm and developing solutions that positively impact millions of families. We’re looking for motivated self-starters who like to learn, build, and be part of an incredible team. Join us!
Who We Are:
Aloft Appraisal is a tech firm on a mission to transform the residential appraisal industry through new appraiser-centric technology, standardized quality, and unprecedented transparency. We are growing its roster of professional appraisers! We offer lucrative compensation, unmatched work/life balance, appraiser-friendly technology, and reliable appraiser support.
At the center of Aloft’s tech is YOU, the appraiser, with whom the company develops a strong bond of respect, support, and appreciation. Aloft’s technology caters to the acumen of experienced appraisers, with support and field tools that allow you to spend less time on tedious tasks (like data entry), and more time exercising your trusted judgment (and enjoying your down time).
What You’ll Do (Essential Functions):
- Foster a culture built on company values: Be you, Hone your craft, Embrace diversity, Boldly innovate, Bring others along, Communicate openly, Have fun
- Supervise and lead a team of Appraiser Trainees including recruitment, onboarding, scheduling, training, development, and evaluation
- Provide coaching, direction, mentorship, and leadership in order to achieve company and client goals
- Approve timesheets and time off requests for direct reports
- Collaborate with key stakeholders ensuring synergy with company culture and program and process development
- Provide best in class customer service and leadership
- Fully develop valuation analysis, conclusions, and appraisal reports accurately and on time
- Inspect properties and gather data from property stakeholders
- Investigate and gather data for estimating the value of residential real estate, including but not limited to comparable data, market statistics, tax and assessment data, etc.
- Produce high quality reports accurately and within Aloft’s SLA expectations
- Identify and resolve issues related to appraisals as they arise
- Stay current and up to date on market and economic conditions
- Conduct other projects or duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring (Essential Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree; Associate’s Degree in a focused field of study, successful completion of 30 college semester credit hours in specific topics or successful completion of CLEP exams
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- Supervising Appraiser License or ability to acquire and maintain it according to working state
- 3+ years as a Certified Residential Appraiser in good standing with the state
- Experience with various appraisal tools (Total, Total Mobile, iPad Mini, Disto, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of appraisal software, report development, underwriting requirements, and appraisal methodology
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Ability to learn, adapt to, and embrace new technologies
- Demonstrated willingness to sharing experience with trainees
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative and work in a highly collaborative and transparent work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey project strategies and goals
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining flexibility through changing-adaptable priorities and demanding timelines
- Strong technical and business acumen; and ability to learn, lead, and build complex systems and processes quickly
- Must have dependable vehicle, clean driving record and be insurable
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package with stock options
- Flexible PTO, Sick & Safe Leave, 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with 4% company match, starts after 90 days
- 100% company paid medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid family leave
- Strong synergetic startup culture
- Hybrid office model with heavy remote work in the future
This is an open office environment with a standard to high level office noise like talking, office equipment, etc. In addition, this position visits residential properties in various settings (e.g. houses, new construction in process, etc.) and in various weather. The employee may sometimes be exposed to various pets on site inspections.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is often active and is often required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds and must frequently sit and/or stand and use a computer for long periods of time. The employee is sometimes required to go into crawl spaces and use a ladder to access attics. Specific vision abilities are required to do this job including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position can supervise up to 3 Appraiser Trainees.
We participate in E-Verify.