Certified Residential Appraiser - Tampa
At Aloft, we’re on a mission. We’re building a nationwide property valuation firm and developing solutions that positively impact millions of families. We’re looking for motivated self-starters who like to learn, build, and be part of an incredible team. Join us!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Certified Residential Appraiser is responsible for preparing market value appraisals for residential real estate and keeping up to date on the real estate market. Decisions are made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve results and deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO (Essential Functions):
- Foster a culture built on company values: Be you, Hone your craft, Embrace diversity, Boldly innovate, Bring others along, Communicate openly, Have fun
- Collaborate with key stakeholders ensuring synergy with company culture and program and process development
- Provide best in class customer service
- Fully develop valuation analysis, conclusions, and appraisal reports accurately and on time
- Inspect properties and gather data from property stakeholders
- Investigate and gather data for an opinion of the value of residential real estate, including but not limited to comparable data, market statistics, tax and assessment data, etc.
- Produce high quality reports accurately and within Aloft’s SLA expectations, USPAP guidelines, and appraisal laws
- Identify and resolve issues related to appraisals as they arise
- Stay current and up to date on market and economic conditions
- Integrate use of various technologies throughout the appraisal process
- Conduct other projects or duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (Essential Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree, associate degree in a focused field of study, successful completion of 30 college semester credit hours in specific topics or successful completion of CLEP exams
- Certified Residential Appraiser license in the state of their operations for Aloft
- Experience with various appraisal tools (Total, Total Mobile, iPad Mini, Disto, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of appraisal software, report development, underwriting requirements, and appraisal methodology
- Demonstrated ability to act with integrity and reputability
- Ability to learn, adapt to, and embrace new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative and work in a highly collaborative and transparent work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining flexibility through changing-adaptable priorities and demanding timelines
- Strong technical and business acumen; and ability to learn, lead, and adapt complex systems and processes
- Must have dependable vehicle, clean driving record and be insurable
This is an open office environment with a standard to high level office noise like talking, office equipment, etc. In addition, this position visits residential properties in various settings (e.g. houses, new construction in process, etc.) and in various weather. The employee may sometimes be exposed to various pets on site inspections.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is often active and is often required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds and must frequently sit and/or stand and use a computer for long periods of time. The employee is sometimes required to go into crawl spaces and use a ladder to access attics. Specific vision abilities are required to do this job including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.