Director of Marketing
AirWorks mission is to build the future of mapping to allow better decision-making for our world and the built environment. AirWorks’ AI-powered platform creates automated maps from aerial data, addressing a $100B pain point for the GIS and mapping industry. AirWorks spun out of MIT in the summer of 2018 and plans for its technology to be the base-layer of geospatial analytics for any industry.
AirWorks has raised over $10M in funding from excellent investors such as MetaProp, Innospark and Creative Ventures and as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (OKTA), and Keith Masback (US Army, NGA). AirWorks has established itself as the leader in automated mapping and is already deployed with over 85 customers worldwide, some of which are the largest civil engineering, utility and telecommunications companies. We are growing by 3x and are looking for a Director of Marketing to build our a performance driven marketing organization as we grow and expand to multiple markets.
AirWorks is looking for a Marketing Director to join our quickly growing Go-To Market organization. As Marketing Director you will play a crucial role in the definition, alignment and execution of our marketing strategy. In this position, you will report to the CRO, and take responsibility and accountability for AirWorks’ marketing teams. You will collaborate with the sales leaders and other functions in the company to set, adjust and execute marketing targets. We are looking for a metrics driven performance marketing rock star who can define marketing plans, and deliver continuously together with the organization towards metrics from brand awareness throughout lead generation and conversion.
In this important role, the management expect a high degree of experience and autonomy, but also a team player that can comprehend how marketing, sales, finance, customer success, operations and all other functions contribute to each other to achieve corporate goals, such as ARR and revenue targets, growth margins, growth rates, LTV/CAC ratios, etc. You need to be able to translate corporate targets such as ARR and sales pipeline metrics into clear action and quota plans for the marketing team, hire and train the staff, as well as define performance plans with the goal to motive the team, but also to achieve favorable marketing productivity targets. We are looking for an experienced leader, who can drive continued growth of AirWorks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define marketing business targets together with CRO, director of sales, and executive team.
- Translate business targets into marketing sales plans for each market.
- Develop strategy across key marketing functions such as content strategy, product marketing, events marketing, and marketing operations
- Oversee, manage and mentor a diverse marketing organization. Hire, fire and train organization to execute on defined plans. Achieve hiring targets of 6 weeks/ role till offer accepted after budgets approved.
- Monitor marketing lead quotas vs. defined marketing productivity targets and communicate and adjust strategy based on achievements in each market.
- Build cohesive end to end lead generation engine for each market including marketing (brand awareness but especially lead generation) and lead qualification. Build our metrics to inform strategy.
- Analyze conversion metrics to adjust qualification and lead sourcing processes.
- Ensure marketing conversion numbers produce a healthy weighted pipeline of 3-4x ARR targets, 6 months out, as well as 2-3 new qualified meetings/day/rep.
- Build strategy that outperforms AirWorks current marketing performance metrics.
- Monitor sales and marketing performance metrics such as CAC, CAC payback period, LTV/CAC, Quota/OTE, ACV, sales cycle, etc. and adjust to optimize strategy.
- Set marketing comp plans in alignment and approval of CRO and CEO.
- Align sales and marketing budgets with CRO and CEO and board of directors, bring a point of view subject to high level sales efficiency targets (CAC, CAC payback period, LTV/CAC, Quota/OTE, ACV, sales cycle)
- Define marketing tool stack in alignment with budgets.
- Present marketing strategy and results to the board of directors occasionally.
- Promote marketing organization within company, set culture and develop employees, mentoring and growing individual contributors in these key marketing functions.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Marketing or business degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated a track record of best-in-class achievements in a competitive environment.
- 5 years’ experience at civil engineering or geospatial software company
- 5 years in marketing leadership including people management
- 3 years of performance marketing experience
- Ability to define marketing roadmaps, bridge gap between companies’ sales metrics and marketing targets
- An ideal candidate has previously lead an industry vertical as a generalist manager and can leverage that experience to coach AirWorks marketing managers structured by vertical
- Experience with all elements of the marketing software stack
- Analytical person, strong correlation with metrics
- A structured problem solver with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ambitious and result oriented self-starter with initiative and strong drive.
- Has a proactive approach to work and a “sense of urgency”
- Strong written communication skills, ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Experienced and skilled in business intelligence applications such as PowerBI, etc. and experienced in taking data-driven decisions.
- MBA at top tier institution
- Experience in the civil engineering or geospatial industry, either degree or professional experience.
- Professional athlete, military, or experience in highly competitive professional environments
- Experience with data science/ML/AI products, construction, and geospatial
- Boston based
- The position is full-time
- AirWorks operates under a hybrid work policy, with attendance in the office located in Boston, MA on Tuesday – Thursday for Boston based employees.
- This role is open to remote but Boston preferred
- Company benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, travel and fitness benefits, office snacks and other perks
- Compensation will be comprised of base salary + bonus + equity